[SOLVED] Maximum display count

Solution
Ok so... if you really want to get the most out those ports then i recommend you go for a cpu with intergrated graphics.

intergrated graphics are automatically disabled when you add a new gpu, but they can be enabled in the bios.

Now, if you dont have intergrated graphics then i honestly don't think that you'll be able to use those ports, if you using all of your gpu ports as well.

A gpu has a certain limit to the number of displays it has, once it's reached it wont recognize additional screens or will simply clone other screens.

I actually came across a similar issue with my old laptop, which supported one additional display (Intel hd 4000) but had 2 ports (Hdmi and Vga). so i connected to monitors to the two ports but only one...

sa1nt

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
i read that they can work as pas through to the gpu my hope was that it would interpret them somewhat differently . and in that case 300-900+ motherboards with ports for cpus for 200 are just strange

Balefire

Reputable
Oct 18, 2020
Ok so... if you really want to get the most out those ports then i recommend you go for a cpu with intergrated graphics.

intergrated graphics are automatically disabled when you add a new gpu, but they can be enabled in the bios.

Now, if you dont have intergrated graphics then i honestly don't think that you'll be able to use those ports, if you using all of your gpu ports as well.

A gpu has a certain limit to the number of displays it has, once it's reached it wont recognize additional screens or will simply clone other screens.

I actually came across a similar issue with my old laptop, which supported one additional display (Intel hd 4000) but had 2 ports (Hdmi and Vga). so i connected to monitors to the two ports but only one of them worked, the other one wouldn't display.

I'm not certain how modern Gpu's work, since I've never needed more monitors than the four that my Gpu allows, but i am almost certain that it has a similar principle.

Solution

sa1nt

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks but in my case second gpu is more viable option then APU unless they release ryzen 5900G or something :D also some amd graphics cards can drive 5-6 monitors but unfortunately i need nvidia