Maximum Operating Temperatures for Asus Crosshair Formula IV?

ET900

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Hey all I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find out the maximum safe temperatures for MB, NB & SB on the Asus Crosshair Formula IV MotherBoard? I am able to set warnings for these if they go to high in Pc Probe and options to protect them from overheating in the bios but I have no idea what temperatures are safe for them!?

If anyone can help with this I'd really appreciate it as I have been searching and can't find any reliable info on it!

Generally 60 Celsius is considered to be the upper limit of safe. Being that that specific board is designed to OC it should have a little higher TL, but I would set your alarms somewhere in the 58-60 range. I doubt they will ever get that high though....

ET900

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
thanks for the reply :)

well in the bios the default protection settings were at 100c for all. in pc probe by default the MB Threshold is set to: 65c, NB: 80 and SB: 55. I kept getting warnings that the SB was hitting 55c so I upped it to 60c cos it was doing my head in.

Ive always found pc probe default settings to be a bit dodgey with past asus boards so dont go on them much. The bios settings of 100c seem a bit stupid to. I wish asus would just tell you on their website like amd do for their cpu's. Is 60c really high for the SB though?? I dont want to destroy my board as I only bought it a couple weeks ago n paid quite a wad of cash for it! :/

ET900

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

im not exactly sure what you meant by that but i have noticed that all the motherboard temps are going higher than my cpu temp. in my past experience its always gpu that gets hottest, then cpu, then mobo. my graphics are getting pretty damn hot as ive just setup a crossfire rig today which is when all this started due to the extra heat. i dont know what temps are safe for them but i'll askthat in another thread at some point. ive set my cpu temp threshold to 58c and it hasn't reached it yet which is good. just really confused about what is safe for my motherboard...

ET900

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
pretty cool as i always have my windows open and dont use central heating. my pc is 4 ft from the window. Im guessing something around 20c with a good airflow through the flat. with Cool n Quiet enabled the CPU would be underclocked and idle around 36c most the time, now im in crossfire it idles around 39c with Cool n Quiet enabled. i never worried about temps until this crossfire situation so i know its causing a lot of extra heat...