[SOLVED] Mechanical keyboard keys sometimes not responding.

Sep 4, 2020
sometimes when i press my D key it doesn't respond even when i hold it. I have to repeatedly press it to get it to work.
It sometimes does this to my W key as well.
I tried cleaning the keys with soap but that didn't work.
My keyboard is the Redragon K556

Solution
D
Backing up all your data is first on your list before you try to repair or install windows clean. I recommend a clean install and if it does it after that then you have hardware issues other than the keyboard it would mean that something inside the PC has gone horribly wrong
D

Deleted member 14196

Testing on another system and if it does it there then it’s a defective keyboard and needs to be replaced. If not it’s your windows installation

Sep 4, 2020
Testing on another system and if it does it there then it’s a defective keyboard and needs to be replaced. If not it’s your windows installation
Just tested it on my laptop and it works fine. So seems to be a windows issue. Is there any way to fix this?
also unplugging it from my pc seemed to fix it at least temporarily.

D

Deleted member 14196

Backing up all your data is first on your list before you try to repair or install windows clean. I recommend a clean install and if it does it after that then you have hardware issues other than the keyboard it would mean that something inside the PC has gone horribly wrong

Solution
Aug 19, 2020
Just tested it on my laptop and it works fine. So seems to be a windows issue. Is there any way to fix this?
also unplugging it from my pc seemed to fix it at least temporarily.
Hi, so how's your keyboard now? I also considering to buy mechanical keyboard, but recently I read a lot of Amazon Reviews about one of the mechanical keyboard that I wanted to buy, it is Tecware Phantom 87. And there are hundreds of people who gave 1 or 2 star(s) only about the product. Most of them said that the keyboard isn't responsive, double click, bad switch, uneven RGB lighting, etc.

Now I'm confused whether I should still buy it or looking for another keyboard.