Mechwarrior: The Movie Rumored in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
"penned the screenplay for 300 and came up with the story for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" So essentially it will be all CGI with no plot whatsoever? Those are not movies I would brag about for the writing.

Maybe if they hired someone intelligent to write a script. (JJ Abrams?)

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
With Michael Gordon I think the movie actually stands a chance. Sure he has had a few misses but by and large most of his scripts have been downright awesome. (At least the few i know of)

G

Hope it doesn't go the way of "Wing Commander" one of the greatest gaming series...and a horrible horrible cheese movie.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]"penned the screenplay for 300 and came up with the story for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" So essentially it will be all CGI with no plot whatsoever? Those are not movies I would brag about for the writing.Maybe if they hired someone intelligent to write a script. (JJ Abrams?)[/citation]

GI Joe I agree with. However for 300 sure the action was great but it was the writing/emotion and overall feeling behind the movie that made it something special. Any movie could have pulled off the action in 300, but not many could have made you want to actually jump into the movie and help these guys out.

skykaptain

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Can we have a good movie please? I'd like a movie with a great story, actors that are great actors, not for just looks, and ease up on the CGI.

elrodvoss

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
I would *HOPE* they would be smart and use some of the novels from Stackpole as a soild basis of the movie.

Personaly I would be very pleased if they used the Blood of Kerensky novels. It introduces the Clans, gives several storylines, good beginning, and several plot twists for later on if they continue to make more of them.

If they started earlier, you only have to conflict between the houses and no "ultimate threat" and I dont believe that going all the way back to the 1st Star League would give enough options for extra movies unless they did a time lapse (100 years later) thing.

frostfire626

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
They should get some people who actually have played and enjoyed the game to make the movie. If they don't, I am expecting just another flop watered down for the masses.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
[citation][nom]khromer[/nom]Hope it doesn't go the way of "Wing Commander" one of the greatest gaming series...and a horrible horrible cheese movie.[/citation]

Yes I hope the Mechwarrior movie will be good and not Gouda...

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
While I'm starving for anything Mechwarrior, given the long drought, I'm understandably ambivolent about any movie made from a video game. They just do not have a good track record. And, yes, Megan Fox is a must.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]khromer[/nom]Hope it doesn't go the way of "Wing Commander" one of the greatest gaming series...and a horrible horrible cheese movie.[/citation]
Oh, man, I hear you! Hell they could have patched together the cut-scenes from WC III and WC IV and they would have ended up with a better movie! To be sure, the games had a much better cast (though I do like Matthew Lillard and Jurgen Prochnow).

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I will probably see it at the theaters if they make it. I just don't see what kind of story a Mechwarrior movie could have that would make it any good. I'm going to see it because of big giant robots fighting.

Exciting news... :)

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]Oh, man, I hear you! Hell they could have patched together the cut-scenes from WC III and WC IV and they would have ended up with a better movie! To be sure, the games had a much better cast (though I do like Matthew Lillard and Jurgen Prochnow).[/citation]

Heck, they have Mark Hamill and Ginger Lynn in WC3! You can only get better than that if Chris Robert dares to put R+ content.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Unless someone says the line "Torso Twist" I'm gonna demand my money back. I never got torso twist working properly with keyboard control, and my joystick wasn't supported.

And as for Megan Fox, does she have to try to act, or do we just get to stare at her?

werfu

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
Dude, they realy have to do it right. The MW franchise is so huge that they could spawn a lot of movies with it. All it needs is good actors and a good script. However, I think it might be a bit too geek to make the cut for more than 2-3 movies. Maybe if they spin it off like Stargate into a TV series after the first movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.