Medal Of Honor Warfighter Performance, Benchmarked

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Nice review! :)
In CPU benchmark, it would have been better to see the continuous FPS graph , rather than just the single values of 'Average' and 'minimum' .

Also, CPU frequency scaling is needed

Interesting that the 1gb on the 7850 starts showing signs of weakness at higher settings even at 1080p. The minimals went lower than the 7770 :eek:

I think nvidia's gpu boost is causing the nvidia cards to have higher average and lower minimals since it can render higher fps when less things are going on but they can only have so much performance when the rendering gets tough. I think GPU boost is a pointless feature because of that since why would anyone want high maximal fps and low minimal fps?

JJ1217

Honorable
You put a 7850 1 GB, so now no one is going to buy a 7850 to play this game, as they'll get the wrong results due to memory bandwidth constraints. People who know about video ram will have no issue with this, but what about those looking for a good cheap video card to run games well? You pretty much just destroyed any chance of someone getting a 7850 for this game, due to the terrible gathering of results.

Expected more from T.H to be honest.

EzioAs

Distinguished

I'm curious as well, though in my opinion it's most probably a memory bottleneck at 1080p wilth ultra settings. BF3 already uses more than 1GB with max image settings with 4xAA as well so if Warfighter uses an updated Frosbite2 engine, it's highly plausible.

On the other hand, I'm not fully satisfied that they didn't test the game with the 7870. And how about 560ti and 6870(the 2 very popular card from last-gen), I think at least a couple mid-range card from last gen should be tested

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]how about 560ti and 6870(the 2 very popular card from last-gen), I think at least a couple mid-range card from last gen should be tested[/citation]

i miss my 6950 on benchmarks.......
Story of my hardware life.

First Year, Wow Top of the line
2nd Year, Still in benchmarks
3rd Year, Still performing good enough
4th Year......I need an uphrade

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Liked the way you ran benchmarks, covered all major resolutions with all major detail levels across a wide spectrum of cards.

Anyway, didn't really read your game review, but Rock, Paper, Shotgun was extremely critical of the game, and i understand their sentiment, because BF3 is similar in some respects.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/29/wot-i-think-medal-of-honor-warfighter/

P.S. Why you no benchmark Sleeping Dogs? It brings my GTX 560 down to 40 fps minimums at 1024x768 at the highest settings...It may be a CPU bottleneck though, have to look into that fully.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]the3dsgeek[/nom]Can you please do a performance benchmark comparison of NFS most wanted? its running like shit on my GTX670[/citation]
Lol that's because it's a sucky console port.

mohit9206

Distinguished
its great to see that entry level cards like 650, 7750 and 7770 are all a viable option even at 1080p at high setting !!! am so proud of my 7750 .. hehe..
btw i dont agree with toms on the fact that a game becomes "UNPLAYABLE" if its minimum fps drops below 30.
thats just a load of bulls**t.

Iastfan112

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
I always give a big sigh when I see them acknowledge that the multiplayer is likely a CPU bottleneck....yet we're not going to make any sort of attempt to illustrate where it exists. It'd be lovely to know, for instance, does the 4170's four "cores" help it compared to the i3?

I understand there would be a significantly greater margin of error compared to the repeatable SP benches but the information would still be pertinent and useful.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]mohit9206[/nom]its great to see that entry level cards like 650, 7750 and 7770 are all a viable option even at 1080p at high setting !!! am so proud of my 7750 .. hehe..btw i dont agree with toms on the fact that a game becomes "UNPLAYABLE" if its minimum fps drops below 30.thats just a load of bulls**t.[/citation]
Try playing the game (or any game) on a constant 60 and you'll see.

Of course the level of comfort (as far as fps is concerned) varies from person to person, I personally don't enjoy it when the frame rates drop below 40, and sub 30 is intolerable.

I guess what Don meant by unplayable was intolerable. And i guess most here, including me, would agree.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Try plating the game (or any game) on a constant 60 and you'll see.Of course the level of comfort (as far as fps is concerned) varies from person to person, I personally don't enjoy it when the frame rates drop below 40, and sub 30 is intolerable.I guess what Don meant by unplayable was intolerable. And i guess most here, including me, would agree.[/citation]

Playing on intel IGP + P4 for many years made me accustomed to 30FPS. :p

Interesting. I too have to wonder about the 1GB HD7850. The results don't appear to extrapolate cleanly to my 2GB HD7870.
I've noticed you've used the DDR3 version of the HD6670 in recent tests, and would really like to see the GDDR5 version instead. For those who can't quite afford a HD7750, it seems to me that even the most entry level card for games should be one with GDDR5. Particularly in this case, it looks like this change might cross the line back into "playable" on some settings.
It is also rather remarkable that an old Athlon II X2 240 can play this game as well as it does. Even though objective measurement might not be possible, I think some subjective observations on its ability to handle Multi-player would be useful.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]Interesting. I too have to wonder about the 1GB HD7850. The results don't appear to extrapolate cleanly to my 2GB HD7870.I've noticed you've used the DDR3 version of the HD6670 in recent tests, and would really like to see the GDDR5 version instead. For those who can't quite afford a HD7750, it seems to me that even the most entry level card for games should be one with GDDR5. Particularly in this case, it looks like this change might cross the line back into "playable" on some settings.It is also rather remarkable that an old Athlon II X2 240 can play this game as well as it does. Even though objective measurement might not be possible, I think some subjective observations on its ability to handle Multi-player would be useful.[/citation]
I think their GPU chart puts the 6670 GDDR5 two tiers above the GDDR3...at par with a 9800GT.

Also Tom's: Dishonored and Hitman: Absolution. One i know is resource intensive, the other one simple looks great, so i'm interested. :p

Katsu_rap

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Can't believe my 560ti isn't in the benches. It's not too long ago that I bought it and I believe many people who bought it a couple months ago aren't planning for another video card upgrade just yet.

I'm not really complaining but you know, where's the value of mid-range cards if the next gen cards and new games comes out and they aren't even tested?

Must admit I purchased the game last night using Rewards Points and it's still sitting in the wrapper - I'm combating buyer's remorse. For the same $60 and the fact COD Black Ops 2 is coming out 11/13-11/18, 11/18 on PC today I'm struggling to decide. However, I've heard the PC version is 'better' but there's still some 'bugs'.

...results to be both repeatable and subject to very little variance.
While I appreciate the benchmarks, a couple didn't make sense until I noted 'beta drivers' and no defined benchmark just a walk through on (1) one level so ±4 FPS or larger variances are common with these type testing methods. What's your variance observation and how many times did you repeat each run or did you just do it once?

What's your thoughts on the game itself? Have you played multiplayer? Any help is appreciated.

Example BF3's campaign is bad, but multiplayer is great.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]Must admit I purchased the game last night using Rewards Points and it's still sitting in the wrapper - I'm combating buyer's remorse. For the same $60 and the fact COD Black Ops 2 is coming out 11/13-11/18, 11/18 on PC today I'm struggling to decide. However, I've heard the PC version is 'better' but there's still some 'bugs'. While I appreciate the benchmarks, a couple didn't make sense until I noted 'beta drivers' and no defined benchmark just a walk through (1) one level so ±4 or larger variances are common with these type testing methods. What's your variance observation and how many times did you repeat each run or did you just do it once?[/citation]
Meh not buying anything from EA or Activision, esp. CoD and MoH. Crysis 3 and BF4 only if RPS recommends. Those guys live for PC gaming.
Maybe ME3 when its price drops.

[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Meh not buying anything from EA or Activision, esp. CoD and MoH. Crysis 3 and BF4 only if RPS recommends. Those guys live for PC gaming.Maybe ME3 when its price drops.[/citation]
Games are personal, and my preference is FPS than MMO's. I will buy Crysis 3, COD Black Ops 2, and BF4 the day they're released without a thought. To me MOH had a good campaign, and I've watched theRadBrad with MOH Warfighter with mixed feelings, so I'm hoping its multiplayer is 'good'.

The 'plan' that is going through my mind is returning MOH Warfighter (now), get COD Black Ops 2 in a couple weeks, and repurchase MOH Warfighter once the price drops.

claptrap22

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
Safe to assume that the HD 7950 would hold it's own on ultra? at 3GB of memory, some of the concerns mentioned above would seem addressed. It has so far proven an impressive card, able to run Battlefield 3, Witcher 2, and the other usual suspects on Ultra without a mis-step.

Status
Not open for further replies.