[SOLVED] Memory cap on games

Jan 9, 2022
Hello guys!
I'm facing a problem on my setup that i wish someone knows the answer to...
Im running a pc with the mentioned specs:
Gtx 1060 6gb
I5 9400f
16gb Alpacer ram stick
Ssd
Hdd
So the problem is that windows is capping my maximum memory usage in games to 8gb of the total 16 gb of ram...
In a a game like warzone which is a very ram demanding game with my pc is using 4~8gb of ram and even if i max out the graphics settings it doesn't go above 8gb usage :/
I would really appreciate an answer to my
Thank you for your replies

Solution
Hello guys!
Gtx 1060 6gb
I5 9400f
16gb Alpacer ram stick
Ssd
Hdd
So the problem is that windows is capping my maximum memory usage in games to 8gb of the total 16 gb of ram...
In a a game like warzone which is a very ram demanding game with my pc is using 4~8gb of ram and even if i max out the graphics settings it doesn't go above 8gb usage :/
Maybe.
https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-allocate-more-ram-to-a-game-in-windows

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start
choose run...
type dxdiag

in popup, choose Display Tab
how much shared memory is showing? that is max card can use of your ram for graphics.
Display Memory (VRAM) is what card has, shared is total it can use.

if the game doesn't need more than 6gb it will use VRAM, I suspect ram is slower than VRAM so it is likely it only uses shared ram if it needs it.

Hello guys!
Gtx 1060 6gb
I5 9400f
16gb Alpacer ram stick
Ssd
Hdd
Maybe.
https://dotesports.com/hardware/news/how-to-allocate-more-ram-to-a-game-in-windows

Solution