[SOLVED] Memory errors since changing PSU ?

Apr 17, 2022
Current system:
Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Gainward GTX 1080
2 x 16GB DDR4 3600mhz Corsair vengeance
Kingston 2TB SSD
1000W Leadex SE Superflower PSU

So before I installed the superflower PSU I had a corsair 550W.
Had problems running RAM on XMP at 3600mhz, the computer wouldn't boot and I'd have to run it at 2133mhz. I was able to solve this by updating the BIOS and was able to run XMP no issues.
Now, with the superflower I get boot issues if I've turned the PC off from the switch at the back (I have to turn it off this way because the LEDs on my cooler are bright af (there's no way to turn them off with software) and it's too bright to sleep with them on).
At first I'd only get issues when I'd try running at 3600mhz but now I have trouble booting even when it's left at 2133mhz. My mobo will throw up error code 50 and cycle reboot until I can get to the bios screen that asks to reset everything to default settings.
Not sure if it's a memory or PSU issue, I've checked over the PSU connections to make sure everything is in right and can't find any loose connections, I've tried RAM in different slots and using only one stick, cleared CMOS etc but still have the same issue.
My BIOS is updated to the latest version.

If anyone has any tips I'd be really grateful.

Solution
You may have a cold boot bug where the sytem when completely turned off from the wall will refuse to boot first go or till you go into Bios set Bios to default>save and exit.
Research tells me your not alone in this.
Could be your Bios is corrupt and needs re flashing.
Current system:
Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Gainward GTX 1080
2 x 16GB DDR4 3600mhz Corsair vengeance
Kingston 2TB SSD
1000W Leadex SE Superflower PSU

So before I installed the superflower PSU I had a corsair 550W.
Had problems running RAM on XMP at 3600mhz, the computer wouldn't boot and I'd have to run it at 2133mhz. I was able to solve this by updating the BIOS and was able to run XMP no issues.
Now, with the superflower I get boot issues if I've turned the PC off from the switch at the back (I have to turn it off this way because the LEDs on my cooler are bright af (there's no way to turn them off with software) and it's too bright to sleep with them on).
At first I'd only get issues when I'd try running at 3600mhz but now I have trouble booting even when it's left at 2133mhz. My mobo will throw up error code 50 and cycle reboot until I can get to the bios screen that asks to reset everything to default settings.
Not sure if it's a memory or PSU issue, I've checked over the PSU connections to make sure everything is in right and can't find any loose connections, I've tried RAM in different slots and using only one stick, cleared CMOS etc but still have the same issue.
My BIOS is updated to the latest version.

If anyone has any tips I'd be really grateful.
Just to make the pot smaller.
Remove the gpu and connect to the igp.
See if it makes a diff.

You may have a cold boot bug where the sytem when completely turned off from the wall will refuse to boot first go or till you go into Bios set Bios to default>save and exit.

Solution
Apr 17, 2022
This will be my next move. 🙏

Apr 17, 2022
Re-flashing the bios seems to have fixed it. touch wood (y)
Thanks so much.

TRENDING THREADS