[SOLVED] Memory help

Nov 11, 2020
I have 4 dim slots on my motherboard and I’m using only 2 for 16gb each of them are 8gigs. But what can I do for the other two slots I’m not using. Can I put more ram? Or does it have to be a specific thing I put in the two slots im

Solution
I have 4 dim slots on my motherboard and I’m using only 2 for 16gb each of them are 8gigs. But what can I do for the other two slots I’m not using. Can I put more ram? Or does it have to be a specific thing I put in the two slots im
Memory is only guaranteed to run as a set sold. Sometimes you can add a very similar set and sometimes you cannot use even an identical set.

Also, you would need to know the limits of your motherboard for memory and how it handles specific memory, hence it is best to look at the motherboard memory QVL.

RealBeast

Titan
Memory is only guaranteed to run as a set sold. Sometimes you can add a very similar set and sometimes you cannot use even an identical set.

Also, you would need to know the limits of your motherboard for memory and how it handles specific memory, hence it is best to look at the motherboard memory QVL.

Solution