Memory over clock?

baha2

Reputable
Oct 12, 2016
Hello
I bought a 2*4gb RAM 2133mhz kingston long time ago but recently I noticed in the mobo bios settings that I can increase the value to 2400mhz (default was auto), so I tried it few daysand it was stable 90% of the time
So my question is there any benefit from increasing the speed specially with nowadays games that tend to consume more than 8gb of memory that leads my system to heavily utilize the virtual RAM
Also I am curious if actually the mobo allow this speed since its noted that max speed support is 2133 for Intel 6th gen
Specs below
i5 6500
Mobo Asus h170m plus
120gb ssd for windows and 1tb hdd

Solution
I wouldn't bother overclocking it, but there's no harm if you do. probably looking at 0-1% difference which you will never physically see. also, the motherboard should allow it. intel's max speed for ram is more of a recommendation than a warning.
I wouldn't bother overclocking it, but there's no harm if you do. probably looking at 0-1% difference which you will never physically see. also, the motherboard should allow it. intel's max speed for ram is more of a recommendation than a warning.

Solution