memory slot 1 not working or?

Sep 13, 2018
i have 4gb of ddr3 1333 on a ga h61m ds2 motherboard... im trying to upgrade to 8 with another 4gb. but im worried because if i put the ram thats working on my system change its slot (has only 2 slots) computer just keeps rebooting with no signal only the second slot works. is this a problem with the slot or is it meant to be only put in slot B? motherboard manual doesn't specify where to put ram in if you got just one stick. pls help me out guys.
other specs are :
windows 10
i52320
750ti
450w coolermaster

Solution
Some motherboards require certain slots if less than the full complement of ram is installed.
If that is your case, the documentation is incomplete.
A non functioning slot can also be caused by a bent pin in the motherboard cpu socket.

What to do?

Buy a 2 x 4gb ram kit that is supported.
Check the motherboard QVL list.
If one slot does not work, assume the second slot will never work and return the ram in favor of a single 8gb stick.
A bad motherboard socket or slot is not likely to be worth repairing.

Or... you can just buy a single 8gb stick and run single channel.
Some motherboards require certain slots if less than the full complement of ram is installed.
If that is your case, the documentation is incomplete.
A non functioning slot can also be caused by a bent pin in the motherboard cpu socket.

What to do?

Buy a 2 x 4gb ram kit that is supported.
Check the motherboard QVL list.
If one slot does not work, assume the second slot will never work and return the ram in favor of a single 8gb stick.
A bad motherboard socket or slot is not likely to be worth repairing.

Or... you can just buy a single 8gb stick and run single channel.

Solution
Sep 13, 2018
I got a friends working 2gb ddr3 1333hz ram and tried it on the b slot and the system boots up but doesn't detect ram. then tried changing slots and the ram on the slot b is still not detected. i guess the slot is defective.

A defective slot is the likely problem.
But, as before that symptom can be caused by a bent pin in the motherboard socket.

A very unusual case I had with similar symptoms turned out to be a curiously defective processor that did not recognize a second ram channel. Fortunately, the processor was still barely under Intel warranty.