Question Memory Slot A1 not working

Nov 21, 2022
Specs
Ryzen 5 5600x
Ram 2x8 Ballisitc crucial (DUAL CHANNEL)
B550M S2H gigabyte (2 ram channels only
Antec atom 650 W
RTX3060 TI GIGABYTE

First my PC WAS crashing while gaming with buzzing sound and BSOD's then i thought without inspecting it was ram or motherboard issue so i replaced both !!

then i had same issue typically then i tried to use single ram channel on B1 ONLY ands WORKS PROPERLY nearly month then i tried swap the same ram on A1 Channel slot then suddenly the crashing returns within 5 minutes playing So i expect a faulty RAM SLOT A1

my question should i expect another faulty Motherboard even replacing with a new one (Faulty Ram Slot) or it even a rare case :( and should look for another hardware components like CPU that make crash with channel A1 ONLY and could a faulty CPU communicate with one ram channel only B1 i don't know how CPU communicate with 2 channel ram ?

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...e_1101.pdf?v=61c9f44b39b1a2e91549f9c65b4ae6fc

Verify that found the applicable User Manual.

Refer to the manual to double check all connections and configuration settings.

Then, on Pages 9 and 10 take a closer look at 1-4 "Installing the Memory"

From Page 9:

"Dual Channel Memory Configuration This motherboard provides two memory sockets and supports Dual Channel Technology. After the memory is installed, the BIOS will automatically detect the specifications and capacity of the memory. Enabling Dual Channel memory mode will double the original memory bandwidth. "

Specs
Ryzen 5 5600x
Ram 2x8 Ballisitc crucial (DUAL CHANNEL)
B550M S2H gigabyte (2 ram channels only
Antec atom 650 W
RTX3060 TI GIGABYTE

First my PC WAS crashing while gaming with buzzing sound and BSOD's then i thought without inspecting it was ram or motherboard issue so i replaced both !!

then i had same issue typically then i tried to use single ram channel on B1 ONLY ands WORKS PROPERLY nearly month then i tried swap the same ram on A1 Channel slot then suddenly the crashing returns within 5 minutes playing So i expect a faulty RAM SLOT A1

my question should i expect another faulty Motherboard even replacing with a new one (Faulty Ram Slot) or it even a rare case :( and should look for another hardware components like CPU that make crash with channel A1 ONLY and could a faulty CPU communicate with one ram channel only B1 i don't know how CPU communicate with 2 channel ram ?
What happens if you run the same test with the other stick of ram?

TRENDING THREADS