Question Memory troubles on B450M Steel Legend

Oct 22, 2019
So... Having trouble getting my memory OCed on my Steel Legend.

I got a G.Skill Trident kit of 16gb - 3600 MHz.

Board auto detects it as 2133MHz - thats fair, that is base.

It has a XMP profile for gskill at 3600 MHz. If I change the board to that and the save and reset, PC doesnt move from there. Fans are spinning, lights are on, but it will stay in that state forever. I left it overnight thinking that it might need time to reset something, but got nothing.

Then, when I force reboots it through the power button, it will reboot. Get fans spinning, take a couple of minutes there without giving my any kind of output. And then it will reboot itself. This next time it will give me video and actually start on windows, but it will have reset its memory profile to 2133MHz

I tried other memory speeds, thinking that maybe it is my MB that is not letting me get to 3600, but to no avail. I will get the same kind of behavior even if I set my memory to 2400 MHz. Any kind of memory speed set that is not auto at 2133MHz will give me the exact same issue. Have tried 3533, 3200, 3000, 2933, 2666, 2400.... all with the exact same result - nothing when getting out of save and continue from the bios, and PC self-resetting one time once I am forced to power it off and getting off with the auto 2133MHz profile.

What am I missing? Any ideas?