Memory usage question

graffyad

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Hi,
Is it normal that my memory and cpu usage when i'm idle looks like this? :
3,55 gb of ram memory is used and i have 8 gb in total.(cached:1624,avaible:4445,free:2960)
24% usage of cpu and i have an i3 4170.
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

The thing is that when i look in task manager when i start the pc , it uses just 1 to 5% of cpu and 1.2gb of ram...And after a minute it goes up ....

serioussamik17

Distinguished
Check the open processes in Windows Task manager and check the memory usage in resource monitor section of Tak manager to see which of the open applications are taking up the most RAM. It should look like this:

http://images.digitalcitizen.life/sites/digitalcitizen.life/files/img/resource_monitor/rm20.png

Once you have identified the rather unnecessary apps and programs taking up your RAM, disable them in startup.

Also carry out a full system scan for virus and spyware and ensure they are not running on the background.

graffyad

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

I did a full system scan and everything seems allright.
In resource monitor there is a process svchost.exe(netsvcs) that takes a lot of memory.Is that normal, because i really don't know what are the normal processes .
I thing i need to mention that yesterday everything was allright and today when i powered up the pc it did an update and after that the antivirus told me that he eliminated a virus.

graffyad

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Turns out that the problem was an update that was waiting to be done.I did the update but the windows update was still runing in the background so i disabled it.Maybe is not the best solution but it was the quickest......

serioussamik17

Distinguished

Glad your problem was solved . :)
Really such a bother when these updates are initiated without permission and slows the system down.