[SOLVED] Memtest86 help. Ram, mobo, or cpu problem? Thoughts?

Dec 20, 2020
SPECS: i7 8770k, Corsair Vengeance LPK 32gb ram 3000hz, Asus Prime Z370-A, GTX 1080

Lately I've been having BSoD(s) and instability issues. Here are samples of the BSoDs: View: https://imgur.com/a/zVlQUwI

Decided to run Memtest86 and received two error codes as seen in the image here: View: https://imgur.com/a/IJUX9Ig
Next, I decided to narrow down the ram sticks by going down to two sticks and received the two errors again. Great. I went to individually test the ram sticks and nothing. Then went to test the two sticks again and nothing. Decided to start over and test with all four sticks again with four passes and nothing even after four passes (5hr test).

Is this a ram, mobo, or cpu issue? My ram is compatible with my mobo and I've updated my BIOs. My computer can boot and can seemingly act normal but the random BSoD and brief five second freezes makes want to solve the issue.

Any thoughts on what I should do? thankyou

Solution
Isn't an error an error no matter what frequency the RAM is set to? If I run it at 2666MHz and there's no error I'm in the clear for Ram?

RAM instabilities on different frequency. If the system doesn't give you any BSOD at 2666MHz stay at 2666MHz.

XMP/DOCP does overclock the RAM to it's advertised speed. Just try speed under 3000MHz. 3000MHz is a crappy multiplier. Try 2933MHz and 2666MHz.

You turn on XMP profile and you set the speed manually to 2933MHz. Try with that speed. If you don't have any more issues keep it like that. If you still have them try 2666MHz.
Isn't an error an error no matter what frequency the RAM is set to? If I run it at 2666MHz and there's no error I'm in the clear for Ram?

RAM instabilities on different frequency. If the system doesn't give you any BSOD at 2666MHz stay at 2666MHz.

XMP/DOCP does overclock the RAM to it's advertised speed. Just try speed under 3000MHz. 3000MHz is a crappy multiplier. Try 2933MHz and 2666MHz.

You turn on XMP profile and you set the speed manually to 2933MHz. Try with that speed. If you don't have any more issues keep it like that. If you still have them try 2666MHz.

Solution
Dec 20, 2020

Thank you. Ran the memory at 2666Mhz and did dozens of memtest86 passes with zero errors.