Question Menus sometimes load on the secondary display ?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
I have a dual monitor setup which are assigned as display #1 (my bottom monitor) and display #2 (my top monitor) in Windows 11.

I've noticed that when some apps or Windows folders are too close to the edge of monitor #1 and I click a fly-out or right click context menu, it will instead jump up to the top screen (instead of next to the icon/app where it's located on the primary/bottom monitor).

This is supremely annoying and I'd like it to always keep everything on the monitor I'm working from. Is there some setting I have missed that will ensure everything I click/open stays the bottom/primary screen from which it was clicked?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
couldn´t replicate your issue, but I´m on win10

how did you setup your multimonitor setup exactly?

gpu drivers up to date?

It's a pretty typical dual monitor setup. It's set to extend them. This definitely is a new issue on Windows 11 (as I've had the same setup for years, and Windows 10 behaved properly). And yes, all drivers stay up to date.

Seems like there should be some way for Windows to recognize when it's pushing a menu off onto the wrong screen, and keep it native to where it was opened from. It's not like I don't have plenty of room. :oops: