[SOLVED] Micro-Stuttering in Genshin Impact and AC: Valhalla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2020
I'm trying to wrap my head around what's causing these micro-stutters in my game. I can't exactly figure out what may be causing it but I have tried my best, with my limited knowledge, to isolate the cause to no avail.

I don't encounter these problems when playing FPS games such as Apex Legends and R6: Siege, however, I did notice similar stutters in other open world games such as AC: Valhalla and The Witcher 3.

Genshin Impact Clip:
Genshin Impact Clip 2:
R6 Benchmark:

R6 Benchmark Stats:
AC Valhalla Benchmark:
AC Valhalla Benchmark Stats

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 10700k
GPU: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 3080
Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus z490 Elite AC
Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C16 2x16GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 870 1TB (Game Install Drive)
SSD2: Kingston UV400 240GB (Unplugged as recommended)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
UserBenchmark Score:

Note: This is a newly built PC and the only things that I kept from my old one are the Kingston UV400 SSD and Seagate HDD. (I had the same problems with the old PC as well.)
Also, my brother has an identical PC and based on what he has told me, he is not experiencing any micro-stutters in Genshin Impact.

Things that I have done thus far:
*Conduct a clean install of Windows 10, SSD was reformatted for this.
*Clean install of the NVidia Drivers
*Windows Updates are.. up to date
*No anti-virus programs running
*XMP Profile 1 activated (which is weird that Userbenchmark flagged it as a concern)
*Ran the game on both SSDs, but still get the microstutter.
*Ensured that the RAM was slotted as per MOBO manual
*No overclocks set
*Mobo BIOS updated
*Activated Windows' Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and have placed the games on High Performance Mode
*Power option is set at High Performance
*NVidia settings have also been set at Prefer Maximum Performance
*Followed a guide that recommended I change the BCEDIT Timer Settings to the ff:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock no
bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
*Unplugged the Kingston SSD as recommended by a forum poster.
*Deactivated Windows' Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling.

Any help would be much appreciated as I cannot even begin to imagine where to start given all this.
Thank you for your time.

Solution
What helped me with AC Odyssey to fix micro-stutters is to disable the Winodws 10 control flow guard.

Took me hours upon hours to find a fix, so I joined the forum to help you out because if you already did a clean install, you've been through enough headache:

Dec 29, 2020
What helped me with AC Odyssey to fix micro-stutters is to disable the Winodws 10 control flow guard.

Took me hours upon hours to find a fix, so I joined the forum to help you out because if you already did a clean install, you've been through enough headache:

Reactions: HappyTrails
Solution
Jul 20, 2023

Thank you mate!

That FINNALY helped me to remove micro freezes (every 5-7 second, fps drops to 5-8) in AC: Valhalla. This solution was far from obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.