Question Microphone is Detected but low output, static, cracking

Sep 18, 2019
So i built my new rig and the motherboard is Gigabyte B450 ds3h..

The whole machine works fine, its just the headset (Hyper X Stinger) that i have is acting up. Worked fine with my laptop.. Headset sound works fine, its just the microphone that went bad for some reason with this PC. All the drivers are up to date, did the unninstaling reinstalling 10's of times, still nothing... When i test the mic, i can only hear myself when the mic is almost in my mouth and the recording is comming out of my left ear. Tried changing channels, but only got Channel 2 on microphone settings in sound tab (control panel)... Please does somebody have any idea ?? And i have a usb Y connector for the jacks, i can hear myself better and the voice comes out from both sides of the headset, still the voice output is very low and unbearable... and atm i have to use stinger headset for sound and usb broken headsets siberia 150 on my neck for mic use. This is BS if you ask me.

P.S

Please dont tell me to check if the effects are off or ive done the boost, with boost its an unbearable static sound, voice still comes out of left side of speakers when listening to it. basically all the default fixes for mic issues been done, still no change.. Even unplugged my front panel jacks, thought that it could be clashing with back side panel jacks, what i read that gigabyte realtek drivers dont like it when both of em are connected.. well that didnt help.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019
Im using the Y splitter for two jacks, as you said "extension cable - 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs" . My Mobo is Gigabyte, tried all the drivers, even the old realtek ones from 2013, still the same problem

Sep 18, 2019
Does not.. Thinking about just letting this go, because of some bug or driver issue that realtek and windows have.. I see people complaining more and more about compability of headsets with jacks and often the problems are with mics

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Did you try this:
Search windows for "sound settings" > in the "input" section, choose your device and click "device properties"> click "additional device properties" > go to the "levels" tab > set "microphone volume" to 100. And if it still sounds low, increase the "microphone boost" to a number when it seems loud enough.
(You could check the "listen to this device" in the "listen" tab to hear yourself directly (set playback volume to 100 in realtek))
Hope this helps.

Sep 18, 2019
Did you try this:
Search windows for "sound settings" > in the "input" section, choose your device and click "device properties"> click "additional device properties" > go to the "levels" tab > set "microphone volume" to 100. And if it still sounds low, increase the "microphone boost" to a number when it seems loud enough.
(You could check the "listen to this device" in the "listen" tab to hear yourself directly (set playback volume to 100 in realtek))
Hope this helps.

These type of fixes are not working because this is like the 101 of fixing a mic and its been checked the very first thing when it happend.