Microsoft: Kinect SDK for PC This Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
OMG Microsoft, budding developers WANT to write software that uses your technology. Not a great business move taking this long to release a SDK for PC. And what the hell is that 'non-commercial' crap about?

G

The non-commercial stuff is about Microsoft wanting to be sure that if someone *does* come up with a killer commercial app, that Microsoft can charge them licensing and get a piece of the pie that a few months ago they said they didn't want...

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
This company has not contributed anything worthwhile to the average PC user, since Windows XP. It is about time this company pulls their head out.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Wasn't there an article talking about how stupid and pointless interfacing the Kinect with a PC is just a month or two ago? Not that I agree whatsoever, just find it kind of funny that that kind of article gets posted, and then MS announces and SDK.

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I would love to use this for going through media without needing to use my keyboard or mouse and other stuff. Especially with my new monitor :D

Did they say how long they estimate it would be before it was released?

G

This was the best they could do, after being framed by Johnny Lee (one of the developers of the Kinect) there as no need to keep it xbox only, you should check out http://www.kinecthacks.nl to see a lot of cool stuff and videos of the hacked kinect for the pc, awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.