Microsoft Paying Sites to De-list From Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Microsoft and Intel have got to be a couple of the most corrupt companies out there.

Whatever happened to anti-competitive laws?

ltgrunt

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Not having to deal with News Corp.'s tastelessly one-sided smears and propaganda is a significantly good reason to never ever leave Google.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
If news publisher content was available for free on another search engine, I might have to switch to that engine because the internet is my primary news source. I wouldn't be too happy about it (not because I like Google, I just don't like the principle of paying for news), and if other reliable news sources were still available on my primary search engine, I might switch to another news source instead.

On the other hand, we're talking about News Corp here, not real news. Still, it's probably the harbinger of a new trend.

G

Doesn't this fall under the same business practices that Intel was employing against AMD? It seems pretty similar if it doesn't fall in that category.

ADM-86

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
No,because in seconds there would be a free site in Google with the same news and info or a pirate site with the original ones.

Btw Rupert Murdoch is an idiot that is gonna get a hard lesson on how everything works right now,because if he thinks he can force the Internet users to pay for information that we can get free in other places....well that just stupid from a business point of view.(he's too old and too stubborn to be making this kind of decisions)

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I don't see anything wrong or illegal with this practice, but I won't switch from Google to Bing just for that. If I know a source of content I'm looking fro exists, I'll find it anyway!

G

No never...bing sucks big time and will never replace even my phonebook..get a life and a real name..

G

Sounds like a perfectly good reason to stay with Google. This kind of behavior is exactly why I wouldn't mind if they increased the fines that M$ had to pay tenfold.

Herbert_HA

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
I won't give this company my money ever, ever, EVER again, for they only use it not to create something truly new and innovative, but to drive the real innovators out of business.

jcknouse

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
why would i go with a bloated search like bing? have to get a .net passport/live account?

Google does me well. i don't have to install/sign-up for anything.

MS is scared, therefore they offer bribes.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
This is retarded, seriously. Taking content OFF Google to get people to swtich to Being, what the fuck, seriously. Yeah, ok, marketing decision, but still. Although I have not heard of this News Corps., I will still continue using Google, as I have been for as long as I've been using search engines, or computers for that matter.

Long story short, I'm not switching, no way in hell. Besides, I have my site advisor on Google, and Firefox has its own adivsor for Google as well. Is that on Bing? Not as far as I know.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]danhitchcock[/nom]I like how the richest software giant is terrified and trying to compete with a company which provides only free software.[/citation]

WINWINWINWINWINWIN

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]asdfasdflkdsjflkdsj[/nom]Google, Microsoft, and Intel have got to be a few of the most corrupt companies out there...[/citation]

Fixed.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]danhitchcock[/nom]I like how the richest software giant is terrified and trying to compete with a company which provides only free software.[/citation]

The ill informed think just because somethings "free" it must be great. People are so naive.

Every single time you use your "free" Chrome they learn something about you.

Phosters

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]ltgrunt[/nom]Not having to deal with News Corp.'s tastelessly one-sided smears and propaganda is a significantly good reason to never ever leave Google.[/citation]

^This

adamovera

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
[citation][nom]ltgrunt[/nom]Not having to deal with News Corp.'s tastelessly one-sided smears and propaganda is a significantly good reason to never ever leave Google.[/citation]
Bingo! You read my mind.

But this shouldn't be a surprise, Murdoch has completely bungled every single internet property he has ever owned. When it comes to the internet, he's like King Midas in reverse, everything he touches turns to $h!7. His two greatest hits: Delphi was a HUGE service provider, then came Murdoch; Myspace was THE social network, then came Murdoch. And unfortunately, I think that his massive stake in Hulu will eventually put a massive stake in Hulu. Can't wait til the net takes over all other forms of media and we can finally be rid of him, cause he'll clearly never figure it out.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]etichi[/nom]If you can't beat them, throw more money at it.[/citation]

because they know they would lose like their other fail attempts at a search engine :p

Status
Not open for further replies.