Microsoft Previews Internet Explorer 9 at PDC09

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
did you forget w/o IE w/e version you could not get ff or any other browser; I use em all because win 7 gets a new id on the bottom

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]IE girl probably has herpes...[/citation]
I don't know about herpes, but share a cup of java with her and you could get a virus in a flash.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Microsoft needs to quit while they're ahead. Windows 7 is good, IE8 is way better than IE7. Windows Vista and IE7 are two things that should've never happened.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Microsoft needs to quit while they're ahead. Windows 7 is good, IE8 is way better than IE7. Windows Vista and IE7 are two things that should've never happened.[/citation]

Yes, perhaps they should just fire their whole devlopment team and not develop their products anymore. I honestly think this is the most stupid comment I've read on here. Oh, and if vista hadn't happened, then all the things peopel complained about would have just applied to W7... it was the fall guy for making us change hardware and the way security was implemented.

G

IE is history for me! As much history as Netscape, and Windows 3.11!

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
IE still sucks...took M$ till version 8 to allow web developers to have less of a headache to program-through-hoops in order to get a webpage to display properly with their shitty browser! lol

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]yang[/nom]I'm always for new innovations, I hope IE9 will look sleek. I love aesthetics of things[/citation]

New innovations?...from M$?...M$ "innovations" are ideas from other innovators. As M$ is a huge company, you would think you'd see greater amount of innovations that no-body has seen before, a new idea, whatever. But it seems to always be an "innovation" that can be found from something or someone else...

G

I have developed web applications for IE6 and lower, and with good code you can basically get your design working with minimal effort(As long as your design isn't completely wild). Also if it weren't for Microsoft and IE's innovations the web wouldn't be what it is now. You know AJAX? Yeah the technology behind that was first introduced in IE 5. IE7 and IE8 are good browsers and it doesn't take much to get sites to render properly in them.

I am still a FF guy but IE has come a long way since 6. Good thing FF did come because Microsoft needed the competition. And that was the only way the internet would evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.