Microsoft Says Secret Data Requests Are Now The Norm, Sues U.S. Government

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adapting true principles to changing situations does not mean reversing them 180 degrees.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Is the quote. Using it in response to this situation, I would say, is alarmist.

prove to me they are a terrorist and there is you warrant to shove your arm all the way into someone and out their mouth.

if you are wrong and inconvenienced them in an appreciable way, they get compensation.

that's all that i ask, if you can get a legitimate court order with your evidence, then do what you will... but going to court and saying "its terrorism" then "we cant its state secret" followed up with "gag order" means you are not helping us.

has our government named 1, just 1 instance where their spying has stopped terrorism? because im pretty sure they can't.

junkeymonkey said:
äall these laws sure helped them poor folks out in san Bernardino.

^^That right there. The terrorists were posting allegiance message to Jihad on Facebook and our counter-terrorism and FBI forces didn't even pay attention to her social media history before letting her in? (And yes, the FBI said there was no evidence of anything imminently dangerous after the fact as a cover-up).

And we're supposed to expect our government, the Feds specifically, to be trustworthy and competent with anything. Anyone who believes that is one of their useful idiots.

thing is it only applies to American citizens .. and why if you think about them laws they do you more harm and affect only you like all that patriot act crap . do you think some one in packastan or Germany or mexico cares or is harmed in any way by it ?? no just American citizens . your the ones who got to suffer and loose rights from it , not them

my forigen frindes joke to me that to them U.S.A means U [you] . S[stupid] A [American] , how sad is that

If you really want your data to be safe, store it all in your brain. It's the one place scientists have not figured out how to extract information from.

Maybe one day we'll have hard drives made out of dead cow brains? I don't know just an idea.

True that. The thing is, before all this "smart" technology and back in the old days, we actually had to memorize phone numbers for loved ones and friends. How many people today even know their BFF's cell phone number from memory instead of in a contact list? My guess is slim to zero. And now we even have phone apps that remind us to do this and that. It's classic dumbing down. The brain is like a muscle: it needs to constantly be exercised to stay healthy and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.