Microsoft: Something Big Coming for PC Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
With all these talks with companies heading over to consoles, while we PC gamers sitting with our DX11 cards with few games to test them out, I'd say it's about time for a push. With recent articles of DRM, and development houses porting games to support the PS3 and XBOX Live, it's been pretty bleak lately with some exceptions like Crysis 2. Just wish other developers would follow suit instead of giving us the meaty leftovers of console gamers.

Ch33ky

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Coming from a few MMO's (like WoW duh), I remember
one game called "There". I
made it into the beta and
man was it pretty neat!
Even though it had
no real point to
the game, you COULD do tons of micro-transactions to upgrade your stuff.

Well it didn't take long to start seeing
everyone with better stuff than yourself and
lo and behold there i was spending money on a cool
looking car, clothes, and even jet pack! Bye bye bank account!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
something big already came for PC users years ago. It's called STEAM, and they won the PC crowd over. You can go screw yourselves, Microsoft.

Thanks for the OS though, much appreciated.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]willgart[/nom]any more details please???what type of system do we'll need? upgrading to which system?[/citation]Why are you so excited? You know nothing about the game other than it's demanding for a system, that alone is enough for you to just dive in and spend on?

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]something big already came for PC users years ago. It's called STEAM, and they won the PC crowd over. You can go screw yourselves, Microsoft.Thanks for the OS though, much appreciated.[/citation]They don't want your thanks, just your money. But I'm sure they appreciate the thought too.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
You want to do something for PC gamers Microsoft? Put an x86 processor in your effing xbox so that ports aren't using an entirely different instruction set, that way there would be a fair chance of some of the crappy ports we get would work!!!!!

demosthenes81

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
if they wanna make me happy the next aoe will be a fully functional 64bit game no x86 and take advantage of my gtx 470 sli rig I upgraded to win 7 64bit gimme 64bit capable games with better ai

Studly007

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
He's just talking about cloud computing, guys. Microsoft sets up some killer servers, rockin' the 480GTXs and ATI 5970s, makes you sign up for special bandwidth privileges, and VOILA !!

More $$$ for Ballmer. Take that Jobs.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I would guess perhaps Gears of War 3? Even if it's Epic making it and Epic seems to look down at PCs right now, Microsoft is publishing it and has some force on the developer.

Or at least a port of Gears of War 2. Which would be rather sad if that was 'big' news.

Either way, glad to see that ol' Microsoft hasn't forgotten the platform it... Well, considering the popularity of DirectX, no offense to OpenGL or older platforms, pretty much created.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Halo 3? Pleasssseeeeee.. I want to play Halo 3. Darn well played 1 on the PC and 2 using an Xbox keyboard/mouse adapter and now, want to play 3 on the darn pc. (Sure, I have an xbox 360 sitting there with Halo 3... But I simply cannot bring myself to play)

Played Gears on the PC and stopped after 25 minutes. It's a complete console game and didn't feel right on the pc.

PC gaming might as well die and I point my finger at two places, consoles and piracy

harshahorizon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Introducing new version of DX every 18 months(DX 10,DX 11 and upcoming DX 12),that developers not even bother to look at, because freaking consoles stuck in Jurassic DX 9 age.

Closing down major pc developing studios.

Turn PC exclusive titles into xbox exclusive titles,because they running out of xbox exclusive and Sony been kill MS with exclusive lately.

No fraking new XBOX after 5.so graphics are getting shit a by the day

What worst this moron can do to us.So leaves us along,we are doing just fine without you MS.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]damianrobertjones[/nom]Halo 3? Pleasssseeeeee.. I want to play Halo 3. Darn well played 1 on the PC and 2 using an Xbox keyboard/mouse adapter and now, want to play 3 on the darn pc. (Sure, I have an xbox 360 sitting there with Halo 3... But I simply cannot bring myself to play)Played Gears on the PC and stopped after 25 minutes. It's a complete console game and didn't feel right on the pc.PC gaming might as well die and I point my finger at two places, consoles and piracy[/citation]
Ever tried a console controller into your PC and running HDMI to the TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.