Microsoft surface laptop 3?

Icecole25

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Hey everyone searching for a decent laptop. I do not need something crazy expensive but i want something that can handle everyday use, web browsing, watching twitch streams. Netflix social media stuff like that. I’m strongly looking into the Microsoft surface laptop 3 13.5 inch intel core i5, 8gb of memory 256gb ssd. It’s normally 1299 but it’s on sale at best buy right now for 899. Is it worth grabbing it being 400 dollars off right now?

hexcs

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
Microsoft Surface range is really good. It seems like a good price too with the discount included. The only downside of Surface laptops is limited repairability ( once out of warranty ) due to specific construction and lack of parts.

They are OK, but for 900 you are hundreds over what you can get a system for basic use for. Suface line, XPS from Dell, Apple are considered premium systems with higher end materials and design vs just being built for use with standard design (plastic vs metal, higher end screens, etc..).

Are you looking for something specific for design and size? Lenovo Ideapad line is great for home use although they are larger than the Surface laptops and are just fine for non-gaming in the $500 range. For a bit higher end version the Ideapad 7 is pretty good, the cheapest one at 750 is good, nice screen and design https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-700-series/IdeaPad-Slim-7-14IIL05/p/88IPS701399

Hey everyone searching for a decent laptop. I do not need something crazy expensive but i want something that can handle everyday use, web browsing, watching twitch streams. Netflix social media stuff like that. I’m strongly looking into the Microsoft surface laptop 3 13.5 inch intel core i5, 8gb of memory 256gb ssd. It’s normally 1299 but it’s on sale at best buy right now for 899. Is it worth grabbing it being 400 dollars off right now?
At that price range and your usage nothing will beat the M1 MacBook Air. Great screen, trackpad and keyboard, nearly double the battery life of windows laptops too and has an office suite, video editor etc built in with access to iOS apps.