Microsoft Targets Galaxy S3 with New Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
[citation][nom]downhill911[/nom]It is nice nice that Microsoft realizes Windows phone customer base are mentally challenged people, 30+ years old and like to go to McDonald's.Even Joe the plumber would say the Windows phone for non-techy people with lack of consciousness.http://www.deltaworld.org/wp-conte [...] 98x226.jpg[/citation]

Im sorry but that plaque goes to Apple,by definition people just turn off their brains and open their wallets, which at the end of the day makes them profitable right?

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Besides the camera I am sick and tired of Android for dozens of other reasons and will be getting a Windows phone as soon as my POS carrier (Sprint) offers one.

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
MS isn't doing themselves any favors here, Samsung has pretty much won and they're just sitting there making tiny jabs at them with their poorly price, poorly marketed products.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
It is a great phone. One thing I noticed is that the sound is great when playing videos, easily capable of showing off videos to people in a noisy environment (eg At a party)

The hardware is what makes this phone good however... if there was an Android version, it would be $50 cheaper *eyeroll @ MS*

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Besides the camera I am sick and tired of Android for dozens of other reasons and will be getting a Windows phone as soon as my POS carrier (Sprint) offers one.[/citation]

I'm curious, is it because it is Phone 8? eg: You actually prefer that OS over iOS or Android?

diddo

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I usually do similar challenges with my friend's smartphones and my good old phone, in making calls when the network is less than optimal.
It usually ends with my friend's multi-hundreds-bucks smartphones smoked by my 7 years old entry level phone in performing the primary task phones were designed for...

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]I'm curious, is it because it is Phone 8? eg: You actually prefer that OS over iOS or Android?[/citation]

I dont use Apple products (never have never will).
I have grown to loath Android OS after 3 years and 6 different phones (not all mine some are my wife/kids) due to:
Carrier/Manufacturer skinning/branding/bloating
Inconsistent performance - phones run fine when new and no apps are installed but slowly get worse and increasingly laggy.
Fragmentation - currently I have 4 android phones and 3 of the 4 phones are running on different versions of the OS.
Poor apps - this is not directly Googles fault but indirectly I lay the blame on them. Apps get too much freedom to consume resources on your phone and often even if I get an app light on resources as time goes by it continually gets updates turning it into a resource hog. Developers feel compelled to have apps run as services in the background all the time with network connections and processes that slow phone down. Android is a constant babysitting battle to make sure I find or get rid of apps that are slowing my phone down.

steved54321

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
The S3 is not all that, being in tech for almost 10 years, if a phone slows me down after ending a call when I'm trying to get to the home screen its not worth my time. Also when pressing the home button to get to the home screen having the phone make me wait 1.5 seconds in order to get to the main screen it's just annoying. After I told my co workers about these small issues with wait times, they started to notice but still keep their phones. I had a blackberry first 9700 and I liked it. Then I got the iPhone 4S and after jailbreaking it, it's much better than android. I made a call with my S3 and tried to hang up but it froze on me. I had to shut the phone off and turn back on.

Until Samsung stops the slow downs and crashes with Android I'll stick with my 4S.

Headski

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
I own a Lumia 822, have had an Android phone (Gingerbread), and my wife has had 3 Androd phones. Our experience has shown us Android is an unreliable OS. Way too many issues, lockups, and irritating niggles. My wife's phones (all 3 of them) have driven her crazy. I have had to reset her email countless numbers of times. She daily has to turn the phone off and back on to connect to the cellular network. It is from this experience that we have both come to perfer the Windows Phone experience. When she is eligible she will be moving to Windows Phone. We both love the S3 but we are tired of the Android experience...a specs leader that leaves some of the basics to chance and is not quick to fix OS bugs.

Say what you will, but I think the 'Smoked by a Windows Phone' ads are a great way to show that Windows Phone are better that the competition in somes importants ways. Not in every way of course...but in some really importants ways.

belawrence

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Doesn't matter - most techie people are always going to hate on Windows Phone because doing so with any Microsoft product increases their geek/nerd credibility. Me and the spouse now have WP7.5 and WP8 handsets after owning various iOS, Android, and BB devices, and we aren't even thinking about looking back.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]To me, the camera is one of the last things I'm worried about. Samsung could come out with a commercial "Windows Phone, home to tens of apps."[/citation]

Because having 5 thousand apps that do exactly the same thing is what make one platform better than the other...

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]To me, the camera is one of the last things I'm worried about. Samsung could come out with a commercial "Windows Phone, home to thousands of fart apps."[/citation]
Fixed

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
[citation][nom]steved54321[/nom]The S3 is not all that, being in tech for almost 10 years, if a phone slows me down after ending a call when I'm trying to get to the home screen its not worth my time. Also when pressing the home button to get to the home screen having the phone make me wait 1.5 seconds in order to get to the main screen it's just annoying. After I told my co workers about these small issues with wait times, they started to notice but still keep their phones. I had a blackberry first 9700 and I liked it. Then I got the iPhone 4S and after jailbreaking it, it's much better than android. I made a call with my S3 and tried to hang up but it froze on me. I had to shut the phone off and turn back on. Until Samsung stops the slow downs and crashes with Android I'll stick with my 4S.[/citation]

Kudos for posting an MS style FUD post about Android.

yannigr

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
So I guess real people, and not actors, would love to trade their phones with another phone because it.... takes better photos. What's next? Trade a camera with another model because it has bigger LCD? And not to mention all the programs/contacts/customization that she is willing to do it from the beginning, and off course going from an X OS to a Y OS is no big deal either. Like changing shoes.

harley2ride

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Great commercial if I'm looking for nothing but a camera phone. Unfortunately, phone functions come first, and the camera phone is just secondary for me. I'm still a samsung fan.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS