Microsoft Transforms Retail Xbox One Into A Dev Kit, Adding Mods And Overlay To Windows 10 Gaming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think VALVe fears the competition, I mean they still use EA as their distributor for their console games and you can't even buy a EA game on Steam. Rather they look at it from a different perspective and in some ways I can agree and in others I do not.

The other kicker here is that UWAs can also be sold on and run from Steam or any other platform. Microsoft is in no way locking that down to just them.

As for the pirated games, only if the game is a Windows Store version can they remove it, they cannot remove a pirated game that is not linked to or the Windows Store version.

I personally like Steam. I don't mind it running in the background but to each their own. I think Microsoft is making a lot of good steps but even if they are not trying to Steam will be a major competitor in some ways.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I don't trust any of this nonsense for a second. All sane gamers, please boycott this Windows Store (UWP/UWA/whatever) nonsense harder than you hate on Ubisoft and EA, we don't need to enable THIS sort of competition for Steam in any way. They don't offer a superior experience or better/more products, they just want to make it harder for us to game the way WE want. Leave that to consoles.

There's always one... You're probably part of the group of people that boycott Windows 10 because it was new and just complain for something to do.
Steam isn't great. It does nothing as an actual game platform that really effects the performance of games. Have you even played any games on the UWP. Your view are skewed and lack any substance. Theres nothing to say we can't use Steam and UWA at the same time. We get the performance boost of UWP and the social connection of Steam.

Or you could be part of the well-informed, technology-aware group, that avoids Windows 10, for the privacy and security nightmare that it is?

And before you talk removing software, do your homework, there are SO many people out there that have discovered that their ''unknown to M$" software was removed automatically, without their consent.

All in all, what I'm really trying to tell you personally, is go **** yourself. Maybe that is all I should have written...

As to the story, yes, I love a developer option for the masses. Well done. Kids need more than Team Deathmatch to occupy their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.