Microsoft Updates Its 25-year-old Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
How much money did Microsoft spent on designing their new logo? Some companies spent a large sum, only to get terrible results.

Such as Enron, the name cost the predecessor InterNorth company around $100k (either in 1960's or 2010's money), but neither InterNorth or the design company realized Enron was also a Greek term for the digestive system or intestine.

The correction attempts nailed Enron another few millions after the market and competitors reacted accordingly.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Ugh... it's even worse than when they flattened the IE logo. This logo looks like something from 1983. I want contours, transparencies, gradients, and shadows, not... blocks.

The same goes for Metro.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
nowadays everythings seems to be going simple and idiot prove (iCraps, fb, farm ville, angry bird, MS logo, and many old time favorite pc games)...... 2012 the end of intelligent human beings

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
This is one of the only metro-styled logos I've seen lately that I actually like. This is nice and plain, yet colorful. The Windows one is just UGLY though...

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I think it looks fine. I don't really care though given that it doesn't really matter. I love to see comments about how it's ugly though... They're blocks. If you found a square attractive then you had a very awkward childhood. If you meant it's not visually appealing? I could go for that.

Beyond that, I understand why people are upset about the change, but we'll see how this one pans out. Remember, Vista led to 7. 7 is great. Maybe 8 will lead to something a lot better!

We'll see, folks. We'll see...

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
I don't understand. Are people not aware that it's simply four colored squares with the name of the company next to it?

This isn't a logo. It's outright the worst graphics design possible. Idiots.

aragis

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
[citation][nom]lordstormdragon[/nom]I don't understand. Are people not aware that it's simply four colored squares with the name of the company next to it?This isn't a logo. It's outright the worst graphics design possible. Idiots.[/citation]

You know nothing about graphic design. You can't judge a design by how hard it is to create. Sure anyone can draw 4 squares and type Microsoft. But it doesn't matter if it looks elegant and simple like this one.

BTW, if this is just "four colored squares with the name of the company next to it". Then what was the old logo? Just Microsoft written... oh and the first "o" has a little cavity.

I think the new logo is just fine, they went with minimalism, and it looks alright. It was never meant to look sophisticated and vibrant anyway.

aragis

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
[citation][nom]applegetsmelaid[/nom]So emotionless. Less appealing than the original. But hey! It made it through a rigorous approval process from Microsoft's decision makers, right?[/citation]

Because the old logo was so full of emotion and it was so appealing that it gave men the most massive boners and impregnated women that just glanced at it. This old logo right here did all these: http://thgtr.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/microsoft_logo_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS