[SOLVED] microstutters in fortnite

surano

Reputable
Dec 2, 2019
I am losing my mind over trying to play fortnite smooth. It feels like i have tried everything trying to fix it and im completely lost. im not sure if other games stutter due to how small they are and unnoticeable in other games. But due to me playing fortnite at a high comp level, these micro-stutters are impacting my gameplay massively as im trying to shoot, my fps drops from a cap of 120 down to 30 and back up. it feels like my game freezes on 1 frame for a tenth of a second. i am not sure what the problem is as i thought my pc would be able to run fortnite to a reasonable level. here are my specs. FYI i bought this pc off origin as a prebuilt. on another note, im not sure if geforce is affecting my pc as i use instant replay in all my games to record clips.

Monitor - 60hz unknown brand that came with my pc
CPU - i3-8100
GPU - geforce gtx 1060 6GB
8gb of ram that came with my pc - idk the company but im 90% sure that it is DDR4
120GB SSD - holds my OS
1TB HDD - all my games are located on this.

Peripherals -
Razer deathadder elite that i set to 500hz due to someone suggesting that it will fix my stuttering as the stuttering was most noticable during me moving the mouse.

any help would be greatly appreciated.