Microwave Interference on 2.4 and 5 ghz

Prototype1

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
So lately my WiFi has been dropping and I have sourced the problem to the microwave. I am getting extremely tired of getting disconnected constantly and not even being able to play an online game. I have tried setting up a 5 ghz network aswell but that has not made a difference. I really need to fix this problem!

Router: Netgear N600 dual band

Range extender: Belkin N600 dual band range extender (It is extending the 5 ghz band too)

Solution
make sure the router has the newest firmware...also make sure there not next to each other. if the microwave is a few years old the microwave tube may be going bad or there a leak in the seal of the microwave.

Microwaves don't operate at 5GHz so that is not the source of your interference. And they only interfere with 2.4GHz while in operation.

The solution is don't use Wi-Fi. Barring that change the Wi-Fi channels if you have neighbors that are interfering.

Prototype1

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

There are no other 5 ghz networks in the neighborhood. Every time the microwave is run it turns off both. I am positive it is the microwave.