Question MW3 game crash

Jun 16, 2023
Hi,
I have a weird problem when I put on high resolution the game crash at some point and I don't know why if somebody encountered this problem how did you managed to fix those are my computer parts and they are pretty strong and I don't understand it, I have a GPU: RTX 4090 CPU: i9 13900ks and 32gb ram of 7600mhz (XMP on) working at 7400mhz.
TNX for all your help and have a nice day.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Power supply? Motherboard? Cooling?

What do your temperatures look like while gaming?

Have you updated the motherboard BIOS lately? High end Intel chips are often operated well past the point of stability by default on a lot of boards.

Your extreme memory overclock might not be helping either.

It does not crash when you run lower resolutions? That points me more toward power/GPU than anything else, since the GPU would be taking all the load. If you can get memory temperatures off the GPU, a good place to look.

Jun 16, 2023
Hey,
the power supply is 1200w I have the deep cool lt720 360 water cooler 13 fans inside the case the bios is F11 mother board is Aorus master z790 the temps of the GPU while gaming are 55 degrees in game
And what is memory temperature?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Your graphics card has memory. It can overheat. Some cards have VRAM temperature monitoring. Something like Hardware Monitor 64 may be able to show those temperatures to you, though at 55C there should be sufficient cooling from the PCB.

1200W is fine, but that isn't really specific enough.

So you don't have the recent fixes for Intel power stability. Update to F13 or F14c, though that last one appears only to add functionality for Gigabyte RGB memory. See if that takes care of the problem.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
19% load isn't going to tell us much other than the temperatures are fine under a light load.

GPU Memory Junction would be the one to watch for memory temperatures. You can expect the GPU hotspot to be significantly warmer than reported GPU temperature.

Jun 16, 2023
19% load isn't going to tell us much other than the temperatures are fine under a light load.

GPU Memory Junction would be the one to watch for memory temperatures. You can expect the GPU hotspot to be significantly warmer than reported GPU temperature.
Ok but does it have any effect like that can be a reason for my game crash or its just the game that have so many bugs also I updated the bios to F13 and nothing change shlould I try to turn on the Inte base line to reduce make the cpu more stable?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, high temperatures can be the reason for a game crash. That is why it would be good to rule it out. Doesn't mean that the memory itself isn't bad, that does happen from time to time.

Yes, Intel baseline is a good idea. 13900KS baseline is very high though, so you might want to put in the baseline for the 13900k. PL1 125, PL2 253W. I believe the KS is 320W.

Jun 16, 2023
Thank you for your answer,
And I want to know another thing there is some way to reduce the temps on the gpu junction if those temps might cause game crash?

Jun 16, 2023
Ok tnx a lot for your help I'll try and will update you.
Update: some how I don't have intel base line in my bios and its f13 it should be there or do I need to activate it ?

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Locate the settings for PL1 and PL2 set PL1 to 125W and PL2 to 253W. That should be sufficient. There is more to Intel baseline than that, but if something that simple takes care of your problem, then we know it was a power/stability issue with the CPU.

Jun 16, 2023
I tried to set PL1 to 150 and PL2 253 and I tried high resolution settings and at some point my game crashed and gave an error message with out a crash report and then I tried to set PL1 to 125 and it was ok but I need more time maybe to test it and thank you for your help I will update you further, and I have another question about Inetl extreme tuning should I use it?
And what are the best settings to set if you recommend it does it will make the system more stable?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Personally, I use the BIOS for all tuning. I don't generally go in for software overclocking tools outside of MSI Afterburner/EVGA Precsion (RIP), or I suppose Intel Arc Control in the future. vBIOS tuning is a bit more risky.

That said, you should be seeking stability before anything else.

Though I have run into situations where overclocking solved stability problems. Likely due to some voltage being too low, and going through all the steps covered it. However, overclocking recent Intel and AMD CPUs is not that valuable, they run better at stock which allows individual cores to boost higher when possible, which is most of the time when gaming.

Jun 16, 2023
Personally, I use the BIOS for all tuning. I don't generally go in for software overclocking tools outside of MSI Afterburner/EVGA Precsion (RIP), or I suppose Intel Arc Control in the future. vBIOS tuning is a bit more risky.

That said, you should be seeking stability before anything else.

Though I have run into situations where overclocking solved stability problems. Likely due to some voltage being too low, and going through all the steps covered it. However, overclocking recent Intel and AMD CPUs is not that valuable, they run better at stock which allows individual cores to boost higher when possible, which is most of the time when gaming.
Ok thank you for all your help.