Announcement Migration and Update 04/13

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not get loopy here my friend:

1) I can see your content and find it in secs and I can literally do an advanced search and replace of /faq/ to /threads/ and fix it for you.
2) That same logic can be applied to any /faq/ threads system wide. It will just take a bit more time.

I'm just trying to ascertain if there's more to it than that.
Nah, wasn't trying to get loopy. If you're able to somewhat EASILY put the links back to what they were previously, or create redirects, that would be great, but if not don't worry about it. I'll just update the links in my bookmarks so that they are accurate going forward. My point really was more about all the OTHER tutorials that are likely just as broken but clearly there ARE more important things to worry about right now so this is probably something that can be worried about after you get other more important issues resolved. I'm totally not interested in making your life harder than it already is AND since it's something I can fix myself for the time being, is really not a priority.

Reactions: CParsons
Sig issue should be fixed. No more Toggle Signature.

Thanks. Yeah, now the forums properly show other's sig without any toggle interface. By the way, is there any chance we can have a PREVIEW option/button for sig as well ?

I mean when we make changes there is no preview option, so it requires us to check any of our own latest posts/threads to see how it looks, in action. lol

:)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I mean when we make changes there is no preview option, so it requires us to check any of our own latest posts/threads to see how it looks, in action. lol

that might require an add on as its always been like that for signatures. I just use 2 tabs and have a post open so I can refresh it after changing signature.

lets fix what changed now before moving on to anything new :)

interesting, you can't put cursor behind a emoji, making it hard to go to a new sentence without moving emoji at same time.

I use ad blockers everywhere else but up until now I had no need to use them here.

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Nah, wasn't trying to get loopy. If you're able to somewhat EASILY put the links back to what they were previously, or create redirects, that would be great, but if not don't worry about it. I'll just update the links in my bookmarks so that they are accurate going forward. My point really was more about all the OTHER tutorials that are likely just as broken but clearly there ARE more important things to worry about right now so this is probably something that can be worried about after you get other more important issues resolved. I'm totally not interested in making your life harder than it already is AND since it's something I can fix myself for the time being, is really not a priority.
These links should be fixed now.

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
in the past when i clicked on a thread to read it, the title changed color. i believe it went from red to white to indicate i had viewed it already.

right now, everything is white and stays that way whether i have read it or not.

was really nice to be able to see what i had already clicked on quickly and easily with the color change. can that be fixed/put back into place?

edit: this does relate to the dark theme only. the default theme does this going from red to black and works fine.
This has been fixed. New threads will appear in red then turn white when read using Dark Mode.

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
I would love to know why some of us have a massive gap between the banner and where forums show up on top of every page, and also the "Ask the community" box that was removed seems to still use the space it once had
QAvRn1o.jpg

and yet people with same browsers don't have same issue.
that is how it shows for me on latest version of Firefox with no add ons running, yet if I load chrome it looks normal.

I haven't reset my cache as I know others see the same so its not just me.
im using edge and have the same issue
This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.