olrac

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2001
I tried to install Windows Me today. What a mistake! For one my diamond viper V550 would not work, not even with the updated drivers, but my beef is that Windows Me completely rearranged my hard drive in 5 partions and my back up drive was not even recognized at all. I had to put 98SE back onmy main drive(Thanks to Norton's Ghost) and reformat and fdisk my back up drive so I can use it again. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my computer?

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Don't know about your particular case, but I've used a Viper v770 Ultra in WinME and it worked fine. Haven't experienced that rearrangement of partitions neither.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

What board were you using? Were you doing any fdisks or Norton Ghosts for your Me install or while your Me was installed?

G

I just installed ME and have had no such problem. Everything runs like when I had 98SE... but alot less stable. I have 3 partitions on 2 hard drives which are set as a Raid 0. I have a AsusV3800U AGP Vid card, and a Voodoo3 2000 PCI for my second monitor. I have a Creative Labs Platinum 5.1, 2 network cards, the raid card is a Promise Ultra 66 modified to be a fast track 66, so on so forth and have not had any conflicts yet. Oh, and my mother board is an Asus P3B-F. My guess is you just got a flaky ME copy. Cause if it was so incompatible, I think I would have had a prob or two.

olrac

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2001
I'm using an Asus P5A-B with a K6-2 500 with 256 mb ram not overclocked. I did a fresh install and the video card works, but installed on top of 98SE it does not work and also my drives get all screwed up. Go figure. Oh well, I think I'm going to have to stick with 98SE.

olrac

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2001
Its a true genuine copy of Me. I don't know why its doing this. Sad to say but my PC chips board ran a lot smoother with ME than the Asus. Don't get me wrong, I like Asus but Its just an odd case I guess.