Question Minecraft Keeps Crashing On 5g Internet But Works Fine On 2.4g Internet

Michael Fontes

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
When ever I play minecraft I have choose the 2.4g wifi option because every time I pick 5g my game will get disconnected every 10 minutes or so. I recently got into streaming and I need to choose 5g to run obs without dropping frames, but then I cant play minecraft. And if i choose 2.4g my minecraft is fine, but my stream is laggy. Please help.

Starcruiser

Honorable
5 GHz doesn't have as much range as 2.4, and is more susceptible to obstacles degrading the signal. I'm going to assume your modem/router is from your ISP. I doubt that it has beamforming, which is designed to improve signal, and even if it did beamforming is meant for horizontal gain more than vertical.

There's a few options available to you.
The first, and cheapest, is moving the 2 devices closer together to improve signal strength.
Alternatively, you can buy a wireless repeater to place between the 2 devices.
A third option is using a powerline ethernet adapter, which will slightly increase latency but has the reliability and speed of a wired network.

Aldo Ramdani

Commendable
Dec 8, 2019
5 GHz have more speed than the 2,4 GHz but lower range and could be not stable, what's the problem with 2,4 GHz? i always use it for streaming and it's good enough, as long as your internet speed is sufficient enough for anti-lag streaming.