Question Minecraft not using the GPU

slamsaad

Honorable
Jul 11, 2014
I just got MC Java and for some reason it's not using my GPU, it keeps running off of my CPU and I'm getting like 5fps.
I've tried adding everything I can to the Nvidia control panel. I've tried right clicking and running with nvidia graphics. But nothing. On task manager my GPU is at a cool 1% while my CPU is 90%+

Tried everything including getting optifine. Help.

Core i5.5200u 2.2Ghz
Nvidia 940m 2GB
8GB ram

Rght-click the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
Select Manage 3D Settings on the left of the window.
To select NVIDIA GPU for all games, select the High-performance NVIDIA processor option on the Global Settings tab’s Preferred graphics processor drop-down menu.

If you just want to select the NVIDIA GPU for Minecraft, click the Program Settings tab
Click the Add button.
Click Browse on the Add window.
Then open the Minecraft folder in the Add window.
Open Minecraft’s bin subfolder, (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft\runtime\jre-x64\bin\javaw.exe )
Select Javaw.exe in the bin folder.
Then click the Open option.
With the Javaw.exe path selected, click the Select the preferred graphics card for this program drop-down menu.
Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor option.
Press the Apply button.
If available, also select a High-performance NVIDIA processor context menu option. Right-click Minecraft’s icon to open its context menu.
Then select the High-performance NVIDIA processor option on the Run with Graphics processor context menu submenu.