Question Mini-ITX case ideas (with this PSU)

lifestuff

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
I'm going to university in a couple of weeks and when I first built my PC a couple of years ago, I put the ITX motherboard in an ATX case (easier to build in for the first time), so I could then put it in an ITX case when I plan on moving.

The case I wanted to put it in was the Cougar QBX but I only realised recently that my PSU (an EVGA GS 550W) was 10mm to long. (Why I didn't check before, I do not know).

Are there any similar cases to the QBX that could fit that PSU? The type of case I was looking for was one that was relatively slim and not too tall, which why I was drawn to the QBX.
I'm currently looking at the Metallic Gear MG-NE210G_BK01 Neo-G and Fractal Design Define Nano S (I know they're not that similar), but anymore alternatives would be great.
Thanks

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
I'm going to university in a couple of weeks and when I first built my PC a couple of years ago, I put the ITX motherboard in an ATX case (easier to build in for the first time), so I could then put it in an ITX case when I plan on moving.

The case I wanted to put it in was the Cougar QBX but I only realised recently that my PSU (an EVGA GS 550W) was 10mm to long. (Why I didn't check before, I do not know).

Are there any similar cases to the QBX that could fit that PSU? The type of case I was looking for was one that was relatively slim and not too tall, which why I was drawn to the QBX.
I'm currently looking at the Metallic Gear MG-NE210G_BK01 Neo-G and Fractal Design Define Nano S (I know they're not that similar), but anymore alternatives would be great.
Thanks

Quite a few options out there, depends on your style and the rest of the build plans.

lifestuff

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
Thanks for the replies

In regards to my plan, its pretty much the smallest case that can fit in a EVGA GS 550W (basically a full size ATX PSU). I was hoping for a case with a small footprint and sleek which is why I was drawn to the Cougar QBX. Just because I'm not going to have much space in my room.

Dimensions of the Cougar QBX (WxHxD) 178mm x 291mm x 384mm or 7" x 11.5" x 15.1"
Dimensions of Fractal Design Nano S (WxHxD) 203mm x 330mm x 400mm or 8" x 13" x 15.7"
Dimensions of Fractal Design Node 804 (WxHxD) 344mm x 307mm x 389mm or 13.5" x 12.1" x 15.3"

The two cases that I recommended both will take a full sized ATX power supply but the dimensions aren't much different, especially the Nano S. The Nano S is an ITX case and the Node 804 is a mATX case.