Question MiniPC BIOS

Aug 22, 2024
I purchased a device through the Amazon store marked "13th Gen 4K Mini Gaming PC Windows 11 Pro, Intel Core i9 13900H, 32GB DDR5 2TB PCIe" and the seller was KingnovyPC.

The device was supplied without a manual or any indication to be able to update BIOS, and no matter how much I request it, they do not provide me with the site to download BIOS updates.

I need help in this regard, I provide a couple of images of the Motherboard.
Hxjg5hc.jpeg

K9kZBg8.jpeg

please post some pictures of the case as well
any labels on it like brand and model?

why do you wanna update the BIOS?

what motherboard model is shown in the BIOS if you can enter the BIOS?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2024
please post some pictures of the case as well
any labels on it like brand and model?

why do you wanna update the BIOS?

what motherboard model is shown in the BIOS if you can enter the BIOS?
I think the Amazon link for the product may be more useful than a photo of the case.
---
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0CMTTXMF1/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_image_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
---
It's not that I want to update the BIOS, but I want to be able to do it and be aware of the updates that exist, especially in these times with Intel architectures, in any case it is necessary to know the support information and have a manual, in my country It is illegal to sell products without the corresponding manual.

This is exact data taken from the current BIOS.
---
Aptio Setup - AMI

Project Version B007
Build Date and Time 12/19/2023 16:57:32
Silicon Version 0C.00.8B.10
Board Name Default string
Processor Information
Name RaptorLake ULT
Type 13th Gen Intel(R) CoreT i9-13900H
EC FW Version E006
ME FW VErsion 16.1.25.2049
Version 2.22.1287 Copyright (C) 2023 AMI
---

And I would say that on the Motherboard you can see

BQM6 MB VER:B
J2409

Last edited:
it´s a Chinese derivative product
have a look at the location of the seller: Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China

maybe write them directly on social media about your needs

so no label anywhere on the case?

you could search on chinese sites for a BIOS and if you are lucky an update could be somewhere.

But to be true, it´s a "black box" use as is and isn´t supported like other miniPC brands do

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If I recall, only the 13900HX processor shares the same design as the desktop chips. The 13900H should not be affected by the current 13th/14th gen issues.

I agree, they probably only made one BIOS for the board and only follow on boards might come with newer ones. These things are cheaper than more known brands for a reason and continued support is certainly a huge cost that is easily omitted.

Gururu

Upstanding
Jan 4, 2024
Yes dont mess with the BIOS if you cant find product specific updates. Does the current BIOS allow you to offset the Vcore or limit the max voltage in any way?

Aug 22, 2024
it´s a Chinese derivative product
have a look at the location of the seller: Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China

maybe write them directly on social media about your needs

so no label anywhere on the case?

you could search on chinese sites for a BIOS and if you are lucky an update could be somewhere.

But to be true, it´s a "black box" use as is and isn´t supported like other miniPC brands do
Hello, thanks for the advice.

Of course, I already mentioned it, I bought it from them through Amazon and I have already asked them for the support site three times, but they avoid giving me any obviously because they don't have it.

But KingnovyPC is not a manufacturer, it is just a reseller of the equipment once it is placed in a box.

The device appears to be an "Intel BQM5", but I have not found anything other than drivers for now. BIOS download site no.

Aug 22, 2024
If I recall, only the 13900HX processor shares the same design as the desktop chips. The 13900H should not be affected by the current 13th/14th gen issues.

I agree, they probably only made one BIOS for the board and only follow on boards might come with newer ones. These things are cheaper than more known brands for a reason and continued support is certainly a huge cost that is easily omitted.
Of course, this processor, a priori, does not suffer from the problems of other Intel processors that are having so many problems, but that is not the reason for wanting a BIOS download site, but the fact that it is necessary to have it, late or sooner it may be necessary to update it.

And indeed that is what happens, that for these devices the BIOS is entrusted to AMI, but they do not worry about updating it, they do not pay for this process, an obvious economic issue.

Aug 22, 2024
Yes dont mess with the BIOS if you cant find product specific updates. Does the current BIOS allow you to offset the Vcore or limit the max voltage in any way?
The current BIOS is really good, a little complicated due to the number of options, and the seller should provide a manual, I have already mentioned that in my country it is illegal to sell products without a manual.

I understand enough to patiently adjust what is necessary, and there are things to adjust, especially if you want to connect devices via the Thunderbolt protocol, but I insist that I do not want the data because I need anything right now, you simply cannot sell a device in these conditions.

But I didn't know it was going to be sent to me like this. I will not buy anything from sellers like this again. Support does not exist.

Reactions: Gururu
Aug 22, 2024
Vote with your wallet.
Return it to Amazon in favor of a different unit with support.
I've already thought about it, but I prefer to give the seller a chance, I still have time to do it.

Right now it would bother me quite a bit because I have quite a few things running on the unit, and it's always a pretty annoying waste of time, and I don't have much time.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Pretty sure some of the AMI tools are open source. Likely they pulled a BIOS from a similar device and modified it or it is all defaults for the chipset. In some respects you might have a more open BIOS because of the laziness.

Aug 22, 2024
Pretty sure some of the AMI tools are open source. Likely they pulled a BIOS from a similar device and modified it or it is all defaults for the chipset. In some respects you might have a more open BIOS because of the laziness.
I've been searching, but I'm not sure which one can help me exactly. I have several downloaded but since, among other things, I don't need to do so, I didn't want to do unsafe tests.

Aug 22, 2024
I'm not suggesting you tinker with the BIOS, but just that you shouldn't expect anything related to this product. They will have taken the cheapest viable BIOS option and implemented it.
Don't worry, I understood you perfectly, I'm just commenting on my thoughts.

Aug 22, 2024
the bios is not part of the manual usually
There is no rule in this. It depends on manufacturers, even models within the same manufacturer. There are motherboards with manuals that include parts related to the BIOS or even complete explanations of each point of the BIOS, and sometimes there is an added manual for the specific BIOS.

And not only with Motherboards, exactly the same thing happens with complete Computers, it can be seen in brands like HP and Dell, for example.

In any case, this is not the question, it is not advisable to digress about the root issue, which is finding a WEBSITE that supports the device, both for drivers and for BIOS. It is something very important. As well as the fact of supplying each product with the appropriate manual, something that KingnovyPC does not do. I don't know the laws of each country, but in mine this is illegal.

And every time I have asked them for all this, they have avoided the issue.