[SOLVED] Missing capacitor from GTX 1070 ti power phase.

Apr 23, 2021
A friend of mine gave me an EVGA GTX 1070 ti with a missing capacitor from one of the power phases on the board.

I'm afraid of testing the GPU without the capacitor.

I'm not into this that much, but I want to try and replace the missing capacitor on the board to see if I can fix it (and have a free GPU).

I searched for it, and found an equivalent, but there are two variants. 2.5 V and 6 V.

Which one I need?

Any place I can buy one?

The capacitor framed on the PCB picture is the one I need.

5Z0hNQt.jpg

IgAK4Lc.jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine gave me an EVGA GTX 1070 ti with a missing capacitor from one of the power phases on the board.

I'm not into this that much, but I want to try and replace the missing capacitor on the board to see if I can fix it (and have a free GPU).

I searched for it, and found an equivalent, but there are two variants. 2.5 V and 6 V.

Which one I need?

Any place I can buy one?

5Z0hNQt.jpg

IgAK4Lc.jpg
It would appear to be a 6v

Reactions: theuncle4tl4s

Which one I need?

Any place I can buy one?

5Z0hNQt.jpg

IgAK4Lc.jpg
After talking with a lead from EVGA the pic you highlighted and capacitor you posted matches the 6v they use there. So i would use a 6v

Reactions: theuncle4tl4s