Question Missing connector pin on PSU-to-motherboard connection

Jul 5, 2024
spWvPO3.jpg

Hello all, how drastically will missing this connector pin on PSU-to-motherboard connection in my PC affect things, and assuming that a fix is absolutely necessary, what are some methods and/or solutions to fix this problem?

kanewolf

Titan
spWvPO3.jpg

Hello all, how drastically will missing this connector pin on PSU-to-motherboard connection in my PC affect things, and assuming that a fix is absolutely necessary, what are some methods and/or solutions to fix this problem?
That looks like a USB motherboard connection. It is just for fan control and monitoring. I don't think it is required to be connected for the power supply to function. Check your power supply user's manual for a USB connection.

Jul 5, 2024
That looks like a USB motherboard connection. It is just for fan control and monitoring. I don't think it is required to be connected for the power supply to function. Check your power supply user's manual for a USB connection.
Thanks so much for your response. Luckily, although it makes me look stupid even though I'm nonetheless a beginner, is that the other end of the connection has a notch in it denoting that there's supposed to be a pin missing in that spot anyway; I don't know why they still have a hole there, but oh well, all is good. Thanks again.