Missing front panel connectors...?

Jun 12, 2018
Hi all, I have the Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case. I went to plug in the front panel connectors, but I can only find the Power SW and the HDD LED. Many youtube videos show other connectors like the Power LED or Speaker. Does my case not have these, or am I just missing them?

Reactions: kodi2k6
First, you always refer to your case menu, if it says it’s there, I would suggest you to tear down the case conpletely, you should be able to see from back of the panel up, if the speaker and power led are wired . Trace back the wires from the case component to its connectors. In my pass experience, sometimes they are just tucked in.

Dec 13, 2019
Hi all, I have the Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case. I went to plug in the front panel connectors, but I can only find the Power SW and the HDD LED. Many youtube videos show other connectors like the Power LED or Speaker. Does my case not have these, or am I just missing them?

I have the same problem, did you ever find a fix?

Dec 13, 2019
Pop the front off, what is connected to the audio and usb ports?
Should be some cable/wires.

The Audio cable is plugged in to the Audio port on the mobo, all good. The USB cable is plugged in to the USB port on the mobo, all good there also. There are two more cables, one marked HD LED and one marked PowerSW, both plugged in to the mobo. The Power Switch works and the HD LED works. What doesn't work is the LED that surrounds the Power Switch. I have no "Power ON" indicator other than the HD LED and some mobo LEDs.

To add to the problem, there are a couple of other wires and connectors for some kind of proprietary LED strip controller, controller not included. The RESET button does not do power resets but does LED light changes instead (supposedly, if it worked.) I found several other posts online of Phanteks Enthoo Pro M mobo owners with the same complaint. I have watched YouTube videos of people building machines with this case and getting the Power LED to work without installing the LED light controller. I wish I had known before I purchased this case! This is a nice case if not for this trivial but annoying problem.

Dec 13, 2019
The Audio cable is plugged in to the Audio port on the mobo, all good. The USB cable is plugged in to the USB port on the mobo, all good there also. There are two more cables, one marked HD LED and one marked PowerSW, both plugged in to the mobo. The Power Switch works and the HD LED works. What doesn't work is the LED that surrounds the Power Switch. I have no "Power ON" indicator other than the HD LED and some mobo LEDs.

To add to the problem, there are a couple of other wires and connectors for some kind of proprietary LED strip controller, controller not included. The RESET button does not do power resets but does LED light changes instead (supposedly, if it worked.) I found several other posts online of Phanteks Enthoo Pro M mobo owners with the same complaint. I have watched YouTube videos of people building machines with this case and getting the Power LED to work without installing the LED light controller. I wish I had known before I purchased this case! This is a nice case if not for this trivial but annoying problem.

Problem solved, I heard back from Phanteks, here is their reply:

PhanteksUSA Support
(PhanteksUSA)

Hello Steve,
You are not missing any cables. There is one cable that you did not mention. It is the SATA power cable. It usually has a tag with something like '12V input'. This is what will power your RGB controller. Once this cable receives power, the ring around the power switch will illuminate.
The button next to the USB ports was originally a reset button but now it will change the color of the LED lights.

I found the 'unmarked' SATA power connector and plugged it in to a SATA power supply connector to get everything to work properly.

Just a guess...but could it be that, in an age of RGB design goodness the case mfr. simply considers a power LED extraneous?

Also, I haven't seen a case featuring a speaker in eons. Ok, decades. At least. Usually you just slip a tiny little speaker that's attached to a header onto the speaker terminals.