RadicalRazor78

Prominent
Sep 30, 2021
I have been out of the PC building world for quite a few years. Infact, the last system I built was when the R5 1600 chip came out. Anyhow, I want to buy the R7 5700G and use it for a while until I can save up for a decent GPU. My issue is that I do not know which board I should get. By reading reviews, It seems that people are having to already have a compatible CPU to update the bios for support of the 5700G. Is there an already compatible board out of the box?

Sorry if I sound dumb. I kind of am since I have only built one Ryzen chip PC.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're on a Ryzen platform at this moment of time, what motherboard are you working with? Probable that you can wait for a BIOS update to help you repurpose your rig and drop the Ryzen 5 5600G in. If you don't have a build at all and you're starting fresh, look at a B550 chipset motherboard to pair with a Ryzen 5 5600G.

What sort of a budget have you set aside for your motherboard purchase? Form factor(matx/mitx)?

RadicalRazor78

Prominent
Sep 30, 2021
If you're on a Ryzen platform at this moment of time, what motherboard are you working with? Probable that you can wait for a BIOS update to help you repurpose your rig and drop the Ryzen 5 5600G in. If you don't have a build at all and you're starting fresh, look at a B550 chipset motherboard to pair with a Ryzen 5 5600G.

What sort of a budget have you set aside for your motherboard purchase? Form factor(matx/mitx)?
I am starting out fresh since I long ago sold my 1600 rig. When it comes to a mobo tho, I do not care to budget, but not that much. The least I would spend is $100, perhaps 120 max.

Last edited: