[SOLVED] Mobo for AMD Athlon 3000G New Basic Build.

Zuber Khan12

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2014
Hello Community,
Hope you guys are doing well.

I am building a basic PC, its just for my dad for his basic online work and browsing nothing much, from last 13years he is using my old AMD phenom 9550 quadcore, now the motherboard started giving issues.
I will not over clock or upgrade anything on this build because i am planning to buy whole new ryzen pc next year.

After some researching i have final AMD Athlon 3000G, Which is full filling my needs but i am confuse with the motherboard.

Please suggest me some decent mobo for this processor.

Reactions: brryronnie
Solution
Hello,
Thank you for your response, now i know what i need to buy, yes i dont need over clocking.
i have found these two, difference between both of them is 20$, please take a look and suggest which one i can buy :
They are all very similar. The ASUS Prime A320M-K is the cheapest so i would buy it. Make sure to check how your dads monitor plugs into the motherboard, HDMI, VGA or DVI. The ASUS Prime A320M-K does not have a DVI connection. They all have HDMI.

Zuber Khan12

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2014
An inexpensive option would be a motherboard with an A320 chipset like the ASRock A320M-HDVP. The A320 chipsets main drawback is it does not allow overclocking, which you do not need.

Hello,
Thank you for your response, now i know what i need to buy, yes i dont need over clocking.
i have found these two, difference between both of them is 20$, please take a look and suggest which one i can buy :

Last edited:
Hello,
They are all very similar. The ASUS Prime A320M-K is the cheapest so i would buy it. Make sure to check how your dads monitor plugs into the motherboard, HDMI, VGA or DVI. The ASUS Prime A320M-K does not have a DVI connection. They all have HDMI.

Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you don't have any parts yet, it might be worth considering the ASRock A300W DeskMini.

It's a very small unit, does NOT have any PCIe slots or expansion slots at all. The A300 does not have WiFi, the A300W has WiFi. It comes with the case, motherboard, and external power brick. You supply the RAM, CPU, and SSD.

Take a look at my signature and click on the spoiler - it's the one I call The Micro Machine. It might be cheaper buying this unit and adding the parts rather than getting a separate case, motherboard, PSU, and so forth.

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-deskmini-a300w/p/N82E16856158064

That's the US link for NewEgg. I don't know what the availability would be in India.

If not overclocking, you don't need anything fancy. An A320 motherboard will work.

Unfortunately, these boards need a bios update to work with a newer CPU like a 3000g, but they should come with this update preinstalled.

I would go with the cheapest board available with 4 ram slots and an M.2 slot, just in case you want to upgrade in the future.

Asus PRIME A320M-K 5500inr
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06ZY2F35X?tag=pcp03-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
This board only has 2 ram slots but is very cheap and will work>

A better option would be the
Asus PRIME B350M-A/CSM 6200inr
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06WRWZNJC?tag=pcp03-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
It doesnt cost much more but gets you 4 ram slots and an unlocked chipset.

Reactions: Zuber Khan12

Zuber Khan12

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion so i will go with ASUS Prime A320M-K (y) and i already have AMD 6850 card with it, so i use HDMI .

Zuber Khan12

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2014
If you don't have any parts yet, it might be worth considering the ASRock A300W DeskMini.

It's a very small unit, does NOT have any PCIe slots or expansion slots at all. The A300 does not have WiFi, the A300W has WiFi. It comes with the case, motherboard, and external power brick. You supply the RAM, CPU, and SSD.

Take a look at my signature and click on the spoiler - it's the one I call The Micro Machine. It might be cheaper buying this unit and adding the parts rather than getting a separate case, motherboard, PSU, and so forth.

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-deskmini-a300w/p/N82E16856158064

That's the US link for NewEgg. I don't know what the availability would be in India.

Thanks for taking out your time to reply,
But i already have everything case, psu, gfx card, hdd, I only need processor , mobo and ram.

Zuber Khan12

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2014
ately, these boards need a b
If not overclocking, you don't need anything fancy. An A320 motherboard will work.

Unfortunately, these boards need a bios update to work with a newer CPU like a 3000g, but they should come with this update preinstalled.

I would go with the cheapest board available with 4 ram slots and an M.2 slot, just in case you want to upgrade in the future.

Asus PRIME A320M-K 5500inr
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06ZY2F35X?tag=pcp03-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
This board only has 2 ram slots but is very cheap and will work>

A better option would be the
Asus PRIME B350M-A/CSM 6200inr
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06WRWZNJC?tag=pcp03-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
It doesnt cost much more but gets you 4 ram slots and an unlocked chipset.

Thanks for suggesting ASUS Prime A320M-K , And i am not thinking about upgrading anything on this machine, This pc will be purely for office work, So i guess 8gb DDR4 ram would be enough,

Zuber Khan12

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2014
Thank you for all your time and helping me everyone... Its really confusing even buying a basic build.

I really appreciate (y) :beercheers:

Now lets just hope this pandemic will end soon and we all start living normal again, Ameen.
(As a computer guy and introvert i realize, I living my life till now in quarantine so this pandemic is also feels normal lol)