MOBO issues? AMD in compatibility? Updating OS, and weird Freezing issues?

peopl

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Hi guys, I have been having this weird issue with my computer ever since i got it, it booted up fine, no errors, i used windows 7 to start it up, set it up properly at my home, and installed windows 8 (which was the latest windows available at the time), just before windows 10 came out and it would just freeze on load or after some random time, either on startup, installing a program, playing games, watching a video, any literal task would make it freeze, i then tried using different OS's like max osx, ubuntu, and windows 10 which had just come out, and no difference......then i installed windows 7 again, and it worked fine!? so i started using windows 7 and its been fine ever since, i want to upgrade the OS now, maybe use windows 10, and the same issue occurs, it would freeze at random times.

NOTE: i have used different I/O, different GPU's(from amd), different ram modules, different coolers, different power supplies, and the case would stay the same. And i had posted about this before and the community said it was my PSU, i did change it to a lower rated PSU and used a different card, it just took longer to freeze at first, then it just behaved the same.

I'm using an asus m5a99x evo r2.0 mobo, the core is AMD FX-6300 black edition, its watercooled now, cant remember what the cooler is, 16GB Kingston ram(if i haven't changed the ram), a AMD Sapphire radeon HD6750 GPU, using an SSD now for the OS, and have 3other harddisks for storage(some are with the old windows 8 installation and had files i needed, and felt lazy to shift the files over to another disk).

Any solutions?

peopl

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

yes i did, normally when i install another OS i unplug the other HDD's, which i've done though all the installs, including windows 7, which is working fine right now. those files are just my documents, music, videos, etc.

I tried to keep the installs, and everything standardized to see what was the problem, tried disabling a lot of settings in the bios, made no difference, and set everything back to defaults(throughout all the various OS's and this was after it froze, not before the installation of any OS, this was just a test to see what settings where causing the PC to freeze, which really made no difference, then i tried installing every version of the bios out there, on each OS to see if it made a difference, and no, the PC still froze)