MOBO turns on but no display

May 24, 2018
Hey guys, I know there's like a million threads on this issue but I've looked into so many and still couldn't fix my problem.

When I turn on my PC everything is running but there is no signal on the monitor at all, I've tried HDMI, dvi and vga, all plugged into both mobo and the GPU. And yes I put it into the mobo when the GPU was unplugged. I've tried the one ram stick method, booting with only mobo and cpu, I've gone through the 21 checklist on how to boot it and nothing.

SPECS
MOBO: H310m-hdv/m.2 (brand new)
CPU: i5 8400 (second hand but no pins or bent or anything like that, doubt I bought a faulty one)
GPU: Gtx 1060 Asus turbo 6gb (second hand but lights come on fine on it).
SSD: WD 256GB (brand new)
PSU: Corsair cx600 (brand new)
Ram: Hyper X ddr4 ram 2400mhz 2x8 (was tested before I bought it and working)

Im building this PC and I can't even get into bios. Please help!

Solution
-Try with only one memory module on the 2nd slot closest to the CPU ( switch it in different slots if needed.)
- If at times you're switching GPU (between the on board integrated one and the 1060 discrete) and your Bios primary display adapter is set to specific one and not on Auto, while your testing another item: you could have missed a possible successful boot (by the way when switching graphics a reset might be necessary: I would make sure I you hit the reset button or reboot after swapping monitor cable fro the integrated to the 1060 cards)
-
-You could try a clear CMOS if nothing of the above works.

R0GG

Distinguished
-Try with only one memory module on the 2nd slot closest to the CPU ( switch it in different slots if needed.)
- If at times you're switching GPU (between the on board integrated one and the 1060 discrete) and your Bios primary display adapter is set to specific one and not on Auto, while your testing another item: you could have missed a possible successful boot (by the way when switching graphics a reset might be necessary: I would make sure I you hit the reset button or reboot after swapping monitor cable fro the integrated to the 1060 cards)
-
-You could try a clear CMOS if nothing of the above works.

Solution