Modern Warfare 2 to Feature Cameo by 50 Cent

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The more i hear about Activision and MW2, the more I just want to do a turd on every copy

Triaxis

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
50 Cent? WTF cares about some asswipe gangsta thug rapper. This will ensure that I will NOT be buying that game. Why not get a REAL hero like Marcus Luttrel to do a voice over instead of some fool that's too cool to even use a real name.

crockdaddy

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
First,

I am trying to understand why Infinity Ward felt the need for a "gimmick" to help with the marketing of the game. I smell an MBA Marketing type behind this ploy.

Second,

I do not normally get offended by someone's comments ... as trolls and asshats abound on the internet, but the quote made by neiroatopelcc I happen to find both offensive and ignorant.

neiroatopelcc 08/11/2009 9:16 AM
Hide
Insert quote. Report --2+

theholylancer :
Can we get some real heros from Iraq/Afghanistan to voice this instead of wana-be gangsters?

Real heroes never went there ; real heroes are smarter.

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
It's hilarious how full of comments this page is. Fame is a weird thing. For those who hate em...your only validating his fame by screaming so loudly. I personally think he's shallow, but he appeals to the masses who are also shallow. That's life.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]giovanni86[/nom]The fact Its only his voice, a lot of you are over hauling it. His music is great, i could care less if he killed someone. Not my problem. Like everyone has said, if they had not mentioned this most likely no one, not even myself who actually likes 50 cents music would be able to pick up the fact that it was 50 cents voice. And no one wants a bunch of stupid asses from Iraq or Afghanistan to do voices in a video game. They all would not meet the requirements to be a voice over in a game for a character. Enough said.[/citation]

First of all, I could really care less if 50 cent is in the video game or not. Not a big deal to me.

Second of all, you are an asshole.

Thirdly, you are a complete tool.

Fourth thing is that seeing as the United States Military personnel use real voice commands in a real war, then I am sure they could do a better voice over than the guy trying to act in "Get Rich or Die Trying"...

Lastly is that you are saying that people in the military are "stupid asses" when you drop off packages for UPS??? Dude, I'm not trying to hate on your job but come on! I'm pretty sure there is more training and mental preparation involved with the military than there could ever be working as a delivery boy

Enough said.

giovanni86, Since when does being a musician grant you the requirements to do a voice over in a game? And since when does being in the actual military not grant you the requirements to be in a military based game?

CoD used to be the best for having the most realistic sounds in game. They recorded thousands of hours of real WWII gun fire and even went to the lengths of getting realistic accents of Russians, Germans and British/Americans along with the termonology from the time period. What would be better than REAL soldiers who are out there every day giving their life? Ones who know the correct termonology and use it daily? 50 cent has never been in the military and as much of a gangster he wants to be he isnt. Hes just a man who made the right moves at the right time, like Bill Gates.

Also, you better respect the military people. They do the one thing YOU can't do and thats fight for us.

And as I said, having R Lee Ermy as your superior would be better than 50 cent since R Lee Ermy can act, has acted (Full Metal Jacket woot) and is a ex Marin who could easily kick 50 Cents ass.

dukegun

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I will have to wait until one of buddies buys the game. Then I can listen to how much 'fiddy' has to say. If it's very little I will buy the game, but Im not about to start taking orders from that 'gangster', If I can recognise his voice and I hear it often - no sale!!!!!!

Why oh why did someone think 50 cent would be good?

G

it would be great to hear jason statham again in a game. he would perfecly fit in the scene;)

Status
Not open for further replies.