moniter in power saving mode

Apr 5, 2018
So my PC was booting properly and I could get on it and do everything fine. A few days ago the moniter started going into power saving mode when I turned it on in the morning. It was working the day before and I left my PC on the whole night to download games. Now my PC does not even show a display on the moniter. When I do unplug the monitor though it says no connection. When I plug it in it says power saving mode. The monitor is 3-4 years old and is plugged into an nvidia gtx 1050 ti using a dvi cable. The monitor is a lenovo (not sure what make). If you need any more info just ask. Any help is appreciated!

That is something to try...but being your "no connection" message goes away when you plug in the signal cable...that means it's at least doing "something".

So let me get this straight....when you power up...you now get nothing on the monitor at all?

Do you have a video card? or are you using integrated graphics?

Apr 5, 2018
So its not with the monitor I checked with another PC. I got a displayport to dvi and it turned on twice. The reason I say twice is because I bumped my power cable and shut it off. It is very touchy. This got me thinking that my GPU may not be getting enough power. I only have a 400 watt PSU. It is also around 5 years old. I'm thinking this may be the problem but possibly not.
My GPU is not integrated it is a card. Gtx 1050 ti. ( not sure if I mentioned that)