Question Monitor changes to solid color, then PC shuts down and restarts ?

Nov 13, 2023
My monitor goes a solid color (generally the main color which is on the screen) it's been green, blue and gray.
I suspect is is a problem with my GPU since windows randomly doesn't recognize it or I need to reinstall the drivers in Device Manager.
It's happened multiple times, sometimes while streaming on Discord, in the main menu in CSGO & CS2 and while running Blender.
Specs:
AMD Radeon RX 580 8gb
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb Ram

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

I had a similar problem with my first RX 5700 XT, the screen would go solid green or solid magenta and there would be a power-off crash. Drivers can't cause something like this, it's a hardware issue with your card. I believe that there was a problem with the power-handling circuit of my first card. Replacement of the card solved the issue and I knew it would because swapping back to my R9 Fury caused all of the problems to immediately cease.

It wasn't my PSU because I've since used an RX 6800 XT and now an RX 7900 XTX with my same EVGA 1000 G2 Supernova.

Reactions: Order 66