Question Monitor choice for a 3080 GPU ?

jjrunner

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2015
Hi all

I’ve been spending quite a lot of time researching monitors since I want to upgrade my current Acer Predator 1440 144hz TN panel since I don’t quite like the picture quality anymore. I’ve come to 2 choices that are the Cooler Master GP27Q and the Samsung odyssey NEO G7 as they both use mini led technology with one being 4k and the other 1440p. In Europe with discounts there’s only about 100 dollars difference.

I use the computer for mainly gaming but also some productivity stuff (reading, notes, excel). I mostly play D4, WoW, a bit LoL and then some singleplayer games. The monitor is also gonna be hooked up to a PS5.

I was leaning more towards the Samsung one but I’m just not sure how my 3080 is gonna handle the 4k. I know there’s dlss and I’m okay with not using high/ultra all the time. The earliest I will be upgrading the GPU is in 2 years so it has to handle 4k for that long on an acceptable/good level.

Would any of you guys recommend me a way to go when I’m looking for the best fidelity upgrade?

the samsung has HDMI 2.1 which is what is needed for 4k 120hz. the CM has HDMI 2.0 which is also ok for 2k 120hz.

The games you have listed are not graphically demanding. D4 has listed the 3080 for 4k ultra. so you dont have to worry much.

I would suggest the samsung.