Question Monitor Disconnects from GPU after Windows Update ?

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
My monitor is a Acer XB271HU and it is disconnecting from the HDMI 2.1 port on my RTX 4080 after booting up computer after shutting down after Windows Update has prompted me to shutdown or restart. The splash screen displays then has the spin circle animation. Then it fades into a black screen. The monitor displays a black screen for about 10 seconds then disconnects and reconnects. Then I am at the lock screen. I am not sure if this is normal or not but it only happens after I do a cold boot after a Windows Update.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd try and look into any BIOS updates for your platform. Then followup to see if your OS is pending any updates. Once done, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the system, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
I'd try and look into any BIOS updates for your platform. Then followup to see if your OS is pending any updates. Once done, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the system, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
It appears that I had fast startup enabled and the file was corrupted. Could that be the cause of this?