[SOLVED] Monitor green screened

mangaman

Honorable
I accidentally turned off my monitor when adjusting the brightness and when the monitor turned back on, the screen was green. My main monitor is plugged into my main GPU, while the secondary monitor plugged into the iGPU on the motherboard. I was able to move my mouse around on the second monitor, so my PC did not crash.

I tried turning it on an off multiple times with no luck. However when I unplugged and re-plugged the HDMI cable back into my main monitor everything went back to normal. As if nothing had happened. Something similar happen before with an HDMI switch, but that was many years ago and I am not using any switches. Both monitors are plugged directly into my computer.

What caused this issue? Seems very strange.

Solution
loose connection, bad HDMI.
in any case one or more of the contacts were lost causing the color to go out of balance towards the green.
I had a monitor what went pink/purple and lost the green, a jiggle of the cable fixed it.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
in any case one or more of the contacts were lost causing the color to go out of balance towards the green.
I had a monitor what went pink/purple and lost the green, a jiggle of the cable fixed it.

Solution

mangaman

Honorable

Now that you say that, I did clean my desk yesterday and did disconnect my monitor. I probably did not seat the HDMI cable in all the way.