Question Monitor has bright spot since hung on Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

muchdsign

Honorable
Feb 10, 2016
Hey !

Today I placed my main monitor on a monitor mount (Arctic z3), I had to screw it on. Since then, the monitor has a big bright spot right in the middle and some spillage on the sides. It mainly/only shows on a fully black page. When turned off, the monitor looks normal. No bumps or anything. I pulled a black page to show you what I mean.

You can clearly see it on this image :

vK2nuak.jpg

That's no reflection, everything you see here is produced by the monitor. See the next image, different angle but same spillage. This is supposed to be completely black, but it almost looks like a picture or something.

w2re6kM.jpg

This did not occur before I hung the monitor on the arm, I'm now thinking maybe I did something wrong then... Maybe screw it too hard or something. I did follow the manual, so I can't think of anything really.

See how I placed it here :

SRgw8qo.jpg

If you've got any idea of what is happening, what I should/could do, please help :) I still have a year to send this piece of equipement for a repair so if I need to dat that please tell me as well.

Thanks to whoever has a clue !

muchdsign

Honorable
Feb 10, 2016
My first thought is that you used the wrong screws to install the mount (too long) and they are distorting the panel. The third picture down looks to confirm it. The correct screws are normally black and no longer than 3/8" to 1/2" in length.

Mhh that was my concern. I did buy the arm from a friend, I think he got some screws mixed up.
Based on what you said, do you think removing the screen from the mount will fix it, or is it permanent damage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.