Question Monitor has no signal when display port is plugged into my graphics card.

1ben99

Reputable
Dec 27, 2016
I have an r9 390x and I was playing rocket league and randomly both my monitors turned black, but my computer was still on. My main monitor is a 4k UHD from LG and that's the one my display port is connected to. My other monitor is a benq 2430ti, which has a dvi cable connected to it. Whenever I have both my display port and any other cable connected to my graphics card my computer will shows the windows icon and the loading circle but then both monitors will go blank. This leads me to believe that my monitors and cables are working as the screen actually displays stuff. I tried my DVI cable on its own on my benq monitor and that works fine but I noticed it went black one time, when using a HDMI cable on my benq it works fine and have had no issues. But when my display port is connected to my other monitor by itself or with another monitor it goes blank. I also tested my integrated graphics with my display port and it worked to my surprise. Which leads me to believe it has something to do with my graphics card maybe my driver's. I did reinstall the previous version and it had no luck. I even swapped the pcie slot of my graphics card and it still had the same issue. I also reset windows as I heard it could've been a corrupted windows, I'm honestly out of options right now so any help is appreciated. Thanks

1ben99

Reputable
Dec 27, 2016
Update:
With help from this post: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ing-screen-fixed-solved.2098139/post-14227957 I was able to uninstall my display adapter drivers and successfully boot windows with both monitors on. However, it was using windows display drivers so the resolution was terrible. So then I tried to install the new amd drivers and I had no luck the monitors turned blank again. When both monitors were on and had the terrible resolution, once the monitors went black too, and I think this had something to do with the amd drivers automatically updating or something because when I went back on the resolution was fine again. So im just super confused atm. I installed DDU but not really sure what I should be doing with it. I also read online about someone who had a similar issue and they ended up getting a new graphics card. But clearly my graphics card works, its just the drivers are causing black screen issues.

1ben99

Reputable
Dec 27, 2016
I think the graphics card is faulty to be honest. I tried reinstalling different older drivers which have previously worked and I still get the same issue. Whenever the display port cable is connected to my graphics card it just goes blank. Think I'm going to have to get it replaced.

1ben99

Reputable
Dec 27, 2016
I started just using my integrated graphics on my computer, and it's been fine for a few weeks. Now suddenly my monitors freeze and I have to restart my computer. I'm genuinely so confused with what's happening to my computer and have no clue what's the problem.